Kyori was stunned by his sudden revelation. “Huh? What is going on with you? This is really weird. Cerus...” she wanted to escape his hold, but Cerus tightened his grip and leaned closer. Their faces are inches apart, noses almost touching. Both their beating of hearts is trying to sync. Both feel each other’s warm breath.

                “You have no idea what I’ve been going through all this time. Really, there are a lot of things. Too many things to handle and are very difficult for me. The war... taking care of our friends, watching their backs and protecting you... the only person capable enough to drain my strength. You are my utmost weakness. And ever so ironical, that being with you gives me back the same strength to continue caring for you..”

                “I don’t understand.. Cerus.. why? I mean, you were always the strongest between us. How could you say that I am your weakness?” Kyori answered back. Still have no clue behind the true meaning of Cerus’ words, Kyori slowly let go of his hands and leaned away, covering herself with the blanket. Cerus’ eyes grew intense and with longing.

                “I’m thinking that you are just exhausted Cerus. We should be getting some sleep. I really can’t understand what you’re saying. We should be planning and focusing more on commencing Ephraim’s strategy. And about our rendezvous point… Uhm...” Cerus kept quiet for a moment.

                “I really cannot believe this is happening...” he sighed, smiled and gave her a pat in the head like he always do then stared back again at the dying fire.

                “Tell me Kyori. Be as honest as you can. What do you think of me? What am I to you? Do you.. feel anything for me? Anything... at all?” he finally asked her. Her face was expressionless. She searched her thoughts, trying to find answers to his questions.

                “Feelings... for Cerus. Well, I can say that I always felt happy when I’m around you. I feel a sense of security. Our relationship, our bond, me being your right-hand servant and you... my master. I consider it a solemn thing we have. I always look up to you. I am ever so grateful. You kept me safe, treated me kindly even though I am not of importance compared to you. You’re royalty, of blue noble blood. I am nothing but someone who respect you, care for you and also defend your very existence. Cerus... I..” he hugged her. They can feel each other’s chest thumping loudly.

                “Please.. I know there is more to that. You’re only saying that to the imperial me not to the Cerus I wanted you to see. And.. I want... I want to know more... of your true feelings Kyori..”

                She felt something heavy on her chest. Confused to what it is, she shoved her face on his.

                “I don’t know. I already told you everything that needed to be said. What is it? What were you expecting me to tell you? I don’t have any other explanation. Cerus... you’re making me feel something unusual... it’s annoying.” she whispered to him. Her mind’s bellowing (I couldn’t. Why can’t I just…), she felt the urge to hug him too. To wrap her arms around him, and stopped only to feel his tightened embrace.            

                “I want you to listen to me carefully, okay? I need you to not think of anything else but our subject at hand. And no matter what, I have to know if maybe... just maybe there is hope for me.” Cerus whispered in her ear. Kyori nodded, hearing the strong, loud rhythms coming from his chest.

                “You remember the first time we met? The first time we clashed swords. It was back then when you challenged me as equal knights, not even knowing who I really was. Just for you to impress the head knight and as a result for you to be able to join the ranks in protecting the castle. That moment even now when I think of it... was incredible and thriling. I thought I was going to die and lose against a girl. I have to say you were astonishing. I am glad I concealed my identity, if I didn’t... we wouldn’t have had such a memorable meeting.”

                “Of course, I can never forget that day... and I was not astonishing! I just got luck on my side. That’s all there is to it. I gave you my best. I never imagined that I was going up against the prince. Stop embarrassing me. I still don’t get the reason why you have to hide your true self. If it weren’t for Ephraim and the others telling me after our fight, I would’ve continued to disrespect you.” Her face turned red and her hands knuckled. Cerus chortled.

                “Ah, luck huh? If you say so, but you were still amazing and you managed to end up serving beside me... as my personal knight. I would say that is luck, but I choose to call it fate. And I enjoy making you feel embarrassed.. I feel so fortunate too. I know I am the only one who can see your true nature, your attitude, your cute expressions... and your laugh… which infected me, changed my old self, a man who rarely shows any signs of having fun, not even to smile. I was able to laugh together with you. Thank you for that.” He loosened his hold. His eyes sparking a hint of strong passion, pulling Kyori closer and they face each other again. She kept silent, seemingly overwhelmed with what is happening. Her eyes are also shining, perhaps still curious and baffled.

                “I grew fond of you each day I learned something new about you. I always find my eyes glued to you... not in a perverted way, well, maybe... I am still a man after all. But mainly because you are so beautiful. It’s breathtaking. Then little by little I wanted explanations. About these emotions that I feel, strong and powerful… feelings felt whenever I’m with you. I finally confirmed what it was when I had a conversation with Ayori.” He stopped and planted a small kiss on her forehead.

                “Wh..what is it Cerus?” she closed her eyes for a second and opened them, seeing him smile.

“When you like a person, when you never get tired of spending your time with her, when you want to hold her like this for long period of time, no, even forever. When you want her to stay beside you always, not wanting her to look at others, emitting an aura of jealousy... when you longed for this moment to happen, always waiting, always hoping... to cry out and tell her, the feelings you have kept for so long... and always wondering whether she might feel the same way...” he paused, his voice almost ragged while he catches his breath.

                “Kyori Tetsuo, you were always my best friend... my right-hand, but in truth I see you more than that. You are the woman I always cherished and cared for. I know this sounds too mushy and a tad it of a sore romatic but... you are my everything Kyori. I love you. So much. I always... always wanted you to know that. I wanted to make you realize how important you are to me. I love you Kyori… I love you…”