Chapter-25 *Poor Max*✔

Start from the beginning

"I'm not in love."

"No? Then, what the hell was it, Max?" his voice had risen considerably, as he shot up from the couch sending me a glare.

"No need to shout, Kyle," I hissed.

Kyle closed his eyes for a second and raised his eyebrow to answer. He knew what I was going to say, but he wanted to know what was going on in my mind. When I told Kyle about what happened back at my parent's house in the study room, he got so pissed and gave me a long lecture about how I was going to regret it.

I let out a long breath and sighed. "I don't love anyone. I never will."

It was true. I didn't love her, and for a fact, she didn't love me. She didn't even want to talk to me now.

I might have cared for her, but love? It's not in my dictionary.

"Max, control yourself before it gets too late," he said pointing towards my knuckles, and I quickly hid them. "Don't try to hide it, I won't even ask about it." He rolled his eyes. "You've started doing those things you’ve never done. You are changing, and the worst thing is, you are still unaware with this or trying to act like that."

I locked my jaw and stared at him. "I'm not pretending anything."

"Then accept the fucking truth, dammit!" He slammed his hand on the coffee table that sat in front of the couch, and the noise echoed through the room.

"Fine, I like her, that's true, but nothing else." I admitted, letting out a defeated sigh.

Then I lifted my face and looked at Kyle, who gave me the I-told-you-so look.

I ignored him and continued, "Right now, I need her help. Mom wants to meet her, but I messed everything up. She must hate me now. How would I convince her?" I asked rubbing my forehead.

"You should tell the truth to your parents."

"That's not possible. You know Cole will take advantage of this. He is already waiting for a chance to put them against me," I replied getting pissed.

"You are the one who is giving him that chance as a gift." He shrugged.

I glared at him. "Just stop it, Kyle. If you can't help, at least stop making things difficult for me. And what the hell is your problem with Jessica?"

He looked away. "I just don't want you to get hurt, again," he whispered the last word, but still I heard it. He glanced down at the ground, the anger in his eyes no longer evident.

Letting out a sigh, I stood up and walked in his direction. As soon as I stood right in front of him, I pulled him into a brotherly hug, and said, "Don't worry bro. I won't let it happen again. And stop worrying about me, I know what I'm doing." I snorted slightly, rolling my eyes

"Yea, if you had used your mind in the first place, it would have never happened," Kyle said and shook his head. "It was your stupidity that made Cole get this chance, but the thing I never understood is how on Earth he found you there?” He let out an exasperated sigh.

“Wait, how did he get the pictures if someone else took them?" he added thoughtfully, scrunching his eyebrow in confusion.

I felt my breath halt slightly as I stilled . . . I had to stop him. He was just seconds away from finding out the truth.

"It doesn't matter. Anyways, how's thing with your parents?" I asked, subtly changing the subject.

He narrowed his eyes at me, and after few seconds his expression changed in shocking one. His eyes widened and he took a step back, trying to put some distance between us.