Chapter-25 *Poor Max*✔

Start from the beginning

I came to realize my mistake, but it was too late. I saw how hurt she was as tears started rolling out of her eyes. I didn't mind her slapping me as I knew, I deserved it.

But what could I do? I didn't plan on it.

I walked in the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. I tilted my head and pressed my lips together, looking at my fair skin which was now tanned as I had been in a while, outside in summer. Some people like to call me sky slopes as I've pretty straight nose with perfect cheekbones. I rubbed my unshaven chin and groaned.

I promised myself so long ago that I'd never like a girl.

I swore to myself that I never would, and here I was, falling for Jessica Kapoor.

Shit!

No, no. I shook my head.

But when my lips touched hers, my world exploded. I groaned again; this was why I didn't like going out with girls. You started messing up with everything. I didn't know that I'd liked her until now when I found myself heading towards the direction.

I was on the fast track for falling hard for her. I really needed to get off that track. I turned my face from the mirror. I rubbed my skin as I reached at the end of my shirt and pulled it over my head. I threw it on the floor and headed to take a shower. I was about to remove my pants when a head popped in. Kyle.

"You dressed? Because I don't want my eyes hurting tonight," he asked, covering his eyes.

I shook my head and cursed myself for leaving the door opened. When I didn't said anything, he uncovered his eyes and noticing my pants, sighed.

I turned around and picked up a towel. I slung it over my shoulders and waited for him to speak.

He leaned against the wall and said, "I need to talk to you, about her."

I let out a frustrated breath. "Later, Kyle."

"I'm not moving till I got my answers."

"Sure?" I smirked.

"Definitely." He shrugged.

Fine. Have it my way, dude.

I undid a button of my jeans and cocked an eyebrow at him. True, I could have cared less if he saw me naked because right now I just wanted some peace.

Kyle's eyes widened. He raised a hand in surrender and turned around to reach for the door knob. Before he opened the door, he said over his shoulder, "I'll be waiting in living room." He opened it and walked outside.

"Of course," I muttered to myself.

I stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel against my waist and again started thinking about her.

Was I jealous of Noah? Yeah, that was what my stupid mind kept telling me whenever I saw them together.

I was getting tired of these feelings. I quickly got dressed and headed towards the living room which was filled with very lively furniture. There was also a enormous window which during the day, would let so much energy and sunlight that it can brighten the whole area.

I smiled, noticing a vase of fresh-cut flowers on the side glass table besides the couch on which Kyle was leaning.

When he saw me coming, he smirked, signaling me to sit aside.

"Well, look who's here? It's the love sick puppy." Sarcasm oozed from his voice as he spoke.

I glared at him, taking a seat next to him in a sleek sofa, which was facing a wall-sized flat-screen TV.