The three of us surround the two tests and we stare impatiently. My mom taps her foot and Maddox shifts from foot to foot. "Did you stop taking your pill?" My mom asks.

I sigh. "Mom, I'm gonna be honest with you. This pregnancy is intentional. When I left the hospital, I decided I wanted to have a family. Not knowing how long I'll live is upsetting. And if for some reason I die unexpectedly one day, I want to die thinking about my children and husband. I want to experience these things."

She nods, her eyes flickering back down to the test. When she gasps, I look down and see a smiley face on one and a pink plus sign on another. I'm gonna have a baby. "Of my God." Maddox breathes. "Y-you're pregnant."

My mom begins crying and I stand there with a dumb smile on my face. As much as I want to kiss Maddox, I know I can't. My nails dig into my palm as I itch to touch him. "I'm gonna be a grandma!" My mom cries. "Let me call Jason."

She rushes out of the bathroom and I throw myself into Maddox's arms. He kisses me tenderly and all I want to do is spend every day like this - with me in his arms. With him kissing me passionately. We pull away breathless and smile at each other. "I'm gonna be a dad." He says quietly.

I lean my forehead against his. "And I'm gonna be a mom."

It sounds so strange leaving my lips but I'm excited. "We should go out because I really wanna rip your clothes off right now." He groans quietly.

Biting my lip, I wonder if that's a good idea. Sighing, I shake my head. "I wanna be with you but we need to figure out how to tell our parents."

Frowning, he nods. "Yeah... I guess you're right. We can sit them down tonight and tell them."

"Great."

****************************

Maddox's P.O.V.

While Hadley searches for her mom, I look for my dad. He's sitting in the living room already so I stand in front of him. "Hey, dad."

"Hey, Maddox." He says slowly. "Is there a reason why you're blocking the TV?"

Him and the damn TV. I swear, he's addicted to the TV. Maybe it's not the best place for this. Somewhere public would be better, so he couldn't kill us. "Can you turn it off for a minute?" I ask, slightly irritated.

He glances around me to see it's on a commercial. Sighing, he turns it off. Heather and Hadley come into the room and Hadley stands beside me while her mom sits beside my dad. "What's this about?" Heather asks, eyeing us curiously.

"We have something to tell you." I say.

"Get to the point, Maddox." My dad says.

After taking a deep breath, Hadley begins. "As you both know, I'm pregnant -"

"And I'm the father." I blurt.

Hadley punch's my arm as hard as she can. Glaring at me, she says, "That's not what we planned, jackass."

I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly and shrug. "Sorry."

Turning our attention back to our parents, we see their disbelief. "You're what?" My father demands.

"It's my fault." Hadley says quickly. "When you guys were away on your honeymoon, I kissed him and we sort of fell for each other. I broke things off before I went to college but when I seen him -"

"This began when we were on our honeymoon?" Heather shrieks. "That was over four years ago."

"We started seeing each other when she came back with Caleb." I say. "He cheated on her and she found her way back to me. I love her and nothing can change that."

My dad buries his face in his hands. "I can't believe this."

Hadley frowns. My hand finds hers and I squeeze. "It's not such a bad thing. We love each other and if you love us, you'll learn to respect that." Hadley says softly.

Her moms facial expression changes to one of anger. She scoffs. "What are you gonna tell your child when they ask how you guys met? That he was your step brother?"

Hadley shakes her head. "What I tell my children is my business. It really doesn't concern you. But you both need to choose right now."

My dad remove his hands from his face. Sitting up straighter, he looks between the two of us. "Choose what?"

Hadley swallows nervously. "Choose whether you want to be in our child's life... whether you want to be in our lives." She says. "You can choose right now. But let me just say, if you choose to walk away from us, you can't just reappear one day. If you say you want nothing to do with us, then we'll both walk away right now and you'll never have to see either of us again."

Our parents stare at each other for a long moment. After thinking it over for a while, they decide. "We still want to see you both." Heather speaks quietly.

*******************************

VOTE ★ COMMENT ★ FOLLOW