In Case - Demi Lovato

~"This music is about a ex-boyfriend of mine." - Demi Lovato~

xxx Sid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures in my pocket/Are faded from the washer/I can barely just make out your face

The moonlight was shining in thin small chinks through the half open curtains, thin rays of light wispy and small, as they played out across the carpet in strange shapes casting out across the floor and reflecting onto her hand that was sprawled over the side of the bed, her fingers curled up on each other. Stephanie moves herself facing the white old carpet on her floor. The sound of the rain colliding in her bedroom window was calming her while she silently cried. One more month passed and nothing changed. He was gone for good but Stephanie just couldn’t make herself believe in that. It was too painful to believe that a person you love so much could abandon you like that.

Her hand makes it way to her jeans back pocket. His picture is still there. After all this time she still has the same old faded picture with her.  All this months she carried it like it was more expensive than gold. It was more precious than any diamond in the world. She fumbles it between her index finger and thumb. A little weak smile forms in her rose shaped face. She misses him a lot. She can barely remember his face but she knows she still loves him.

Food you saved for later/In my refrigerator/It's been too long since later never came

“Hey babe!” Michael called her looking at the fridge. “We don’t have any food here. Let’s go dinner out. Maybe go to Mario’s and eat some of that lasagna you like. I can eat his ribs. They are amazing.”

“I don’t feel like going anywhere babe. Can’t we just ask a pizza to delivery?” Michael pushed her against his chest and kissed her neck hungrily. He knew exactly where her soft spot was right below her ear. “Michael oh God don’t do that… Fine, fine! Let’s go before I get crazy…”

*

“So it’s one lasagna, one ribs and two beers am I right?”

“No it’s two ribs please.” Stephanie rolled her eyes this always happened. Michael would ask for two plates of ribs and then they had to ask for take-away. Then she had to keep it in her fridge and it would eventually go to the trash. Silly boy. But she loved him exactly how he was. The waitress nodded and went away.

“This always happens. You order two plates of ribs but you barely eat the second one silly.”

“I’ll eat this time I know it.” Stephanie rolled her eyes again smiling. He said that all the time. “You know I saw this amazing place near Orchard Street. It was this two-storage house with a small garden in the back where you can barbecue and there’s a place where you can put a swing for kids to play.”

“What’s your point Michael?” Stephanie asked even though she already had a clear idea of what he was talking about.

“I know you don’t want to marry and I respect that babe. But I want to spend my life with you. Create a family with you. Have kids, grandkids. And this house is perfect babe. And money isn’t a problem we both know it.”

“What’s wrong with our apartment now?”

“No babe you don’t see it. This place has an attic that they made a room of. It has this circle small window that has this amazing view of a lake. Imagine yourself sitting there painting and writing. You could get all your imagination. It’s amazing babe and trees surround it all and there are no buildings. And it’s a safe neighborhood. And-“