Chapter 1: Appearences

(Chapter 1: Appearences)

Blue jeans, white shirt

Walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn

It was like, James Dean, for sure

You're so fresh to death & sick as cancer

You were sorta punk rock, I grew up on hip hop

But you fit me better than my favourite sweater and I know

That love is mean, and love hurts

Lana's POV:

I tap my pencil anxiously waiting for the bell to ring. I don't even need this class. I mean I know enough already to have a pretty successful career. I only have three more months until I'm officially done with highschool I guess I can imagine until then.

I look up at the clock. Only twenty more minutes until I get to go to lunch. I slouch back in my chair a little. I hear the door open and look up. He had blue jeans, a white shirt, and a leather jacket. He had a few tattoos on his neck and gaged ears. His brown hair was slicked back and he had one hand in his pocket.

Mr. Gonzalo looked a little taken aback. "Are you the new student?" He asked a little unsure. The boy nodded his head. The teacher shook his head a little. "Ermm ok then. Umm. Class this Ryder, the new student. " Mr. Gonzalo said.

Everyone just sat in there seats watching the teacher or other kids were asleep , while I on the other hand was studying this 'Ryder boy' . He looks very troubled, but who am I to judge? I'm probably the most troubled kid in the school. He has tattoos all on his neck which was very interesting....he must be 18 already. I couldn't imagine his parents allowing and paying for those tattoos. My mom went apeshit when she found out I got a tattoo none the less supported it.

Mr. Gonzalo pointed to the empty desk next to me. Which was in the very, very back and the second to last desk near the wall which, I sat in the last desk. No one ever sat next to me. Probably scared I might hurt them or something. I mean I look like your average 18 year old girl but, I didn't act like one.

I hung out with most of the boys. There the only ones that ever understood me, and I understand them. I'm kinda like there little sister in a way. Even though there is six of us including myself in our little group. We were the kids your parents would tell you to stay away from. We stayed out every night until one and partied and drank. We dressed a little differently too. The boys wore there black leather jackets and I wore shorts or my jeans with my own leather jacket with my name studded in the back. That's how people know who I am.

I'm ' the girl in the studded jacket ' that everyone is scared of. I mean I didn't use to be as hard and carefree as I am now. In freshmen year I was in the 'popular' crowd but, I mean, stuff happened that year. It made me realize that all those people were fake and that I should just live life to the fullest I guess.

I hear a thud next to me and I snap out of my thoughts and look at the ground. The new boy must've dropped his pencil. Too bad. I pull my gaze from the pencil and I look up at Mr. Gonzalo who's talking about Shakespeare or some shit. "Umm excuse me or you going to get that?" Said a deep voice that caught me a little off guard. No one usually talks to me, they know better, so it most be the new boy.

I look at him and fake a little laugh. "That's not my pencil. " I said annoyed. The new boy, Ryder or whatever rolled his eyes. "Can you get it since its closer to you?" He asked a little rudely. I use my combat boot to nudge the pencil so it's closer to him. "Now it's closer to you." I say turning my attention back to the teacher. Ryder scoffs and grabs his pencil.

The bell finally rings and I'm the first one out of my seat. I really need a smoke I need to release some stress. I make my way out to the courtyard and turn to the corner where our little group sits. There's one round table and it has a few dents and burns on the sides but, it's you know our little get away from school.

I sit down on the bench I'm actually surprised I'm the first one here, at least one of the boys is usually sleeping. I know that sounds weird but, think back to the old days where there were greasers and socs. Well if you already can't tell we would be the greasers.

I hear Jake and Kyle walking over, their probably the fighters of the group. They LOVE getting into fights. And I have honestly never seen a fight that they haven't won. Then I finally see Jason trailing behind them. He's more of like the lone wolf I guess. He's quiet and has only ever talked to us. He has a really messed up life at home and stays at my house a lot so me and him have a great bond. He only talks occasionally and usually when he does its to me.

Last but, defiantly not least is Dave and James. Their the more adventurous of us. They love to go to huge parties and get drunk. They also love to shoplift. They usually are the ones who get the alcohol while I have to be the distraction. Our group is pretty well rounded.

"Aye Lannnnnnna !!" Davey shouts. I laugh a little. We call Dave Davey and all the boys have there own little nicknames. Davey comes and sits next to me pulling me into a bone crushing hug. "Damn Davey I saw you an hour ago!" I said laughing a little. He chuckles and pulls out his lighter. My face lights up. I take out my cigarettes and hold out the cartage offering for anyone that takes one. All the boys already had there own behind there ears but, Jason takes one.

I pull out my lighter and flick on the flame and light my cigarette. I take a big drag and hold in the smoke. I finally let it out and relief washes through me. This is some good stuff. James gets up from the table muttering an 'I'll be right back' and leaves. I lift my eyebrow looking at Davey. Pulling my cigarette out of my mouth I ask, "What was that all about?". Everyone just shrugged there shoulders. I sigh. He's probably just looking for a girl or something.. I don't know.

I finish off my cigarette and stomp it out on the ground making a little puff of smoke come up from the ground. I hear James talking to someone. I turn my head only to be met with those same blue ones I saw earlier. I rolled my eyes. "James what's he doing here?" I asked pointing at Ryder. Ryder scoffed. And James cleared his throat " Well I was going to the bathroom and he was smoking in there and he looked pretty chill so, I asked him if he wanted to sit with us. " he said. I roll my eyes and mutter "whatever" and pull out another cigarette.

Before I light it I have a better idea to relieve my stress. "Hey Kyle do you have any weed?" I ask. Kyle pulls out a little bag from his pocket. I pump my fist. Kyle starts rolling a cigarette. He looks up from his work. "Anyone else want one?" He asks everyone shakes there heads. Kyle looks over to Ryder. "You want one?" Ky asked. Ryder shook his head yes. I roll my eyes. On his first day here he's already taking our weed.

Ky hands me my cigarette and I light it up and take a huge drag closing my eyes and letting the smoke come out through my nose. I take a couple more drags and stomp out my cigarette. Damn! This stuff needs to last longer.

I make a heavy sigh. I think I'm just going to skip the rest of today. Today's been nothing but bullshit and right now all I want to do is lay in my bed.

I sit up from the bench and look at all the boys. "Bye guys I'm going to checkout for the day. Call me if there's a party tonight!" I say walking off hearing the boys mutter their goodbyes.

I hop on my skateboard and start riding to my house. I've been skateboarding for about six years now. It never really gets old.

I flip my skateboard into my arms and pull out the keys from under the mat and unlock the front door. Ahhhhh home sweet home! I set my skateboard down and walk into my room kicking off my boots.

I take off my jacket and hang it on the back of my door. I strip out of my clothes and head into the shower. I grab my miniature batman lunchbox and lock the bathroom door.

Man I need to escape and just go. I take out my needle and stick it in my arm feeling a cool rush electrifying my veins. I sit against the bathroom wall and breathe in deeply. "I need to quit this." I huff out before seeing swirls of colors and go through my unnatural high.