Antopia episode 30: Not all is as seems

Antopia episode 30:

Not all is as seems

Kai is laying on her back in the middle of the forest, unconscious. Her eyes shoot open and she intakes a large breath of air like she had just come from under water. She frantically looks around her self in fear. She begins to crawl and notices her katana a few feet ahead of her. She quickly crawls to it and grabs it. She sheathes it and then stands. She looks around and says ''Artemis? Chocolate? Mod?'' She gets no response. ''I'm alone.'' She thinks. She turns to walk but then bumps into something. She falls on her butt and looks up in fear. Standing over her, is the tall black menacing creature. Kai's eyes widen and she screams. The creature reaches its arm out and Kai wastes no time in turning and running for her life.

 Back in the forest, Chocolate stumbles out from behind some black gnarled trees. She gasps when she sees Artemis laying face down on the ground. She wastes no time in rushing to his aid, though she is obviously in pain. She kneels down beside him and flips him over in her arms. ''Artemis Artemis!'' She says as she she shakes him. Soon Jostin walks into the scene and runs to Chocolate. ''He's not...dead is he?'' He says in a panic like tone. Chocolate puts her head to his chest and says ''No, his heart is still beating.'' Jostin quickly reaches into a pocket and pulls out a small glass tube. He breaks it under Artemis's nose and a thin puff of mist rises into his nose. His eyes shoot open and he gasps heavily and screams ''KAI!!'' Chocolate jumps back in surprise and Artemis scrambles around on the ground frantically. ''Artemis! Calm down!'' Jostin yells. This plea dosen't work.

 Jostin realizes that Artemis is obviously distraught and grabs him by his shoulders. He looks Artemis dead in his eyes and slaps him. Artemis immediately stops moving and become calm. Jostin lets go and Artemis stands slowly. He looks at Jostin, then punches him in his nose. ''Thank you, but OW!'' Chocolate then says ''Artemis what happened.'' Artemis looks back  and says ''That thing took Kai, we have to find her before it's too late.'' Jostin stands rubbing his cheek and says ''If we split up we would have a good chance of finding her.'' Artemis looks at him and says ''If we split up then that thing will be able to take us out one by one.'' Mod then suddenly appears behind Chocolate and says ''Alright so we stick together, find Kai, find the witch then get the hell out of here.'' The group all nod and begin walking off.

 Kai darts through the forest at top speed, hopping over dead trees and obstacles. A look of complete panic consumes her face as she tries to find a way out of this forsaken forest. She ducks behind a large rock and slowly peaks over it's edge. She can't see the beast anywhere. She sighs and slides down. When she looks up however, it's standing right behind her. She screams and back flips over the rock, then takes off running again. ''Artemis!! Chocolate!! Mod!!'' She screams. It's no use. She trips and falls. She tries to get up and crawl, but once again the creature stands to her right, forcing her to run to her left. Everywhere she runs this slender being appears and forces her to run in different directions. Causing her to venture deeper and deeper into the forest. Almost on purpose.

 ''There's no sign of her.'' Jostin mutters. ''We can't give up, we must find her!'' Artemis growls. Chocolate suddenly stops walking and says ''Did you hear that?'' The group falls silent. Dozens of low moans and groans are heard from all around them. ''This can't be good...'' Mod mutters. Artemis and Jostin draw their weapons and Chocolate follows. Soon, from all around them, zombies flood out from the trees. ''The witch must have sent them.'' Jostin says. ''How do you know?'' Chocolate asks. He looks over and says ''Because, that's what I would do.'' Artemis hurls a dagger and stabs a zombie in the face. It falls and the rest begin to slowly rush in to attack. Jostin prepares his double edged sword and spins it elegantly as he dives into the cluster of the undead,shortly being followed by the rest of the team.

 ''I have to find a way to kill this thing!'' Kai says to herself. She jumps behind a tree and looks around for the smallest beam of sunlight, but there is none. ''Without the sun...I'm dead.'' She feels a cold feeling wash over her and she knows that it is behind her. She runs away yet again, without even looking back. The creature hums loudly and she speeds up. She is contemplating every possible way she could kill this thing, but none will work without the sun. She suddenly stops running dead in her tracks and stares ahead of her. Just down a hill that she stands on is an old log cabin. Sitting outside of it is a black cat, a sure sign that a witch lives here. She feels a large hand lay on her shoulder, but instead of fear, she is over come by an extreme calmness. 

 Artemis quickly spins and lops off the heads of two zombies and Chocolate leaps off of his back and cuts one, vertically in half. Jostin continues to spin his double ended sword, slaughtering everything that comes near him and Mod punches his adversaries into oblivion. ''Mod!'' Artemis yells. Mod looks over and Artemis commands ''We will continue the fight. go find Kai!!'' Mod nods and with great speed, takes of running. Artemis hops back to back with Chocolate and they begin to collaborate on a strategy. Once they have one set, they attack. Jostin stops breifley to watch them and narrows his eyes.

 Kai, slowly looks behind her to see the slender creature holding her shoulder. ''you- you lead me here?''  She says confused. The creature points it's finger at the cabin and hums. ''That witch is here, isn't she?'' The creature screeches lightly and Kai whispers ''It wanted to help us all along.'' It lets go of her shoulder and nudges her forward slightly. ''Thank you.'' Kai says, but when she turns around, it's gone. She looks back at the cabin and pulls her bow of her back. She slides down the hill and slowly creeps toward the cabin. ''I'm alone, so I'd better be careful.'' She says to her self. She reaches the front door and takes a deep breath. ''Here goes.'' She says. She grabs the door knob and slowly turns it, not knowing what lies ahead of her.