A change Of Heart [A shapeshifter/love story]

So this is a story I've written a long time ago and I just found it (:

I hope you like it, it is different from all the cliche stories on here, I promise!

I hope you enjoy the first chapter and let me know what you think about it.

Love Lisa

Chapter 1

“Ugh, not again P.E.” I complained to my best friend.

Why would you swim in human form when you can also swim like a dolphin. Smooth, fast and easy, not hard work and barely keeping my head up.

You probably think, what the heck is this chick talking about? It probably doesn’t make sense to you. But believe me, it still doesn’t make sense to me either.

I’ll introduce myself. My name is Elena and I am 16 years old. I moved to the Netherlands last year with my parents, and I like it there.

I have never had a boyfriend.

Why?

Easy, I have a secret.

Three years ago I suddenly gained the ability to shape-shift. No guy would ever wanna date a freak like me. So I’m not searching, cuz I wouldn’t want to cause a guy that pain.

Not even my parents know about my secret. I only told my best friend Meliss.

I met her the first day I came to the Netherlands and she’s been my best friend ever since. She lives just a block away.

Anyway, back to P.E. class. Our school is about 100 meters away from the swimming pool.

Do you know people in the Netherlands aren’t allowed to drive a car at sixteen? So cycling is our only option. I don’t like cycling, especially at days like these with a lot of snow covering the roads. It takes a lot of energy to get to the swimming pool and then you haven’t even touched the water yet.

My mom won’t take me, she says it is good for me to cycle to school. So cycling is the only option, I can’t come to school in snow leopard form, can I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After P.E. Dutch class was on the schedule. That’s really a difficult class for, since I can’t speak Dutch. Of course I learned some words but it’s still hard to follow when I haven’t even learned Dutch for a year.

Luckily most people here speak English, so they made me feel welcome here and are helping me to learn Dutch.

Our teacher came in. She is our mentor, as it is called here. She guides our class. She obviously had an announcement to make because she started in English so I could understand too.

“Next period you will meet a new boy who will be joining your class for the rest of the year. His name is Ethan and he is from the UK.” And with those words she left.

Geweldig” the guy next to me said, rolling his eyes.

“what?” I asked in confusion.

“another English speaker, like we haven’t gotten enough of them already” he stuck his tongue out to me. I laughed.

That’s Ruben, a friend of mine. He’s the kind of guy that can always make you laugh no matter what. He’s a really sweet guy.

We joked around some more and when the bell rang we saw that everybody had already stood up and left the room.

They were all curious, I could smell it. I said goodbye to Ruben and walked to the next class.

I was the last to enter the classroom. And there he was, Mr Mysterious.

Wait a minute!

He was sitting next to Meliss, on my chair! What the heck happened to  hos before bros? we made an agreement to always sit together no matter how cute the guy was.

I shot a death glare at Meliss, angry at her for breaking the promise. I sat on one of the remaining chairs.

It was Geography class, so I had enough time to look at the newbie. He had brown hair, a very slightly tanned skin and brown eyes. He was exactly my type.

Too bad I can’t date boys..

Right at the moment I thought that, his head snapped to me. He gave me a quick smile before turning back to listen to the teacher.

I quickly turned my eyes to my table. What was that?

I couldn’t even innocently think of him or he catch me. I took a quick peek at him again and I met his eyes. I quickly looked away, this was getting too weird.

My irritation level rose and rose.

This time when the bell rang I was the first to leave class. I didn’t even notice Meliss trying to stop me.

My mind was clouded, there was too much to think about. So, I left my bike at school and ran towards the forest. I had to blow off some steam.

When I thought no one could see me, I quickly transformed into a snowfox blending in into the forest.

I ran and ran until I reached my favorite spot under the tree that was at the edge of a clearing.

At the place I always felt safe and I could think in peace here, alone.

But what I didn’t know was that I was followed…..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you think?

Leave your comment below and click the vote button on the left corner (:

Should I continue this story, I've got some great ideas for this.