Chapter 26: He returns

Once the introductions were over, Rebekah took it upon herself with the help from Caroline and surprisingly both Bonnie and Elena; to show Angela and Bella around Mystic Falls.

Damon also joined them, he wanted to get to know the Petrova/Swan girl that was supposed to make things right between them and the Originals; there was still some sort of curiosity running through his mind about the small, human girl that held Elijah's heart in her delicate, little hands.

Knowing how Damon was like, Elena tried to keep Bella and Angela away from him; but the more she tried coming between the elder Salvatore and the two brunette beauties, the more frustrating it started to become for Elena.

Once they showed the both new girls every crook and cranny of Mystic Falls, the small group decided to have a very, belated dinner at the Mystic Grill.

"I can't believe you dated a Cold One," Damon said as he made a small face towards Bella; as she brief them shortly on her life in Forks, Washington State. "Don't they have control issues?"

"What about you and your love-life issues?" Bella bit back, earning a small annoyed look from Damon and Elena. "Honestly, you spent nearly all of your vampire existence fawning over the one that made you, yet find out she loved your brother more and then develop feelings for Stefan's doppelgänger girlfriend. Nobody's love-life is perfect, Damon"

With that said, Damon didn't bring up the topic of Bella's past nor she bring up the topic of his; they were simply having a small, peaceful dinner that got interrupted by the remaining Mikaelson family members, Mandy and Jacob.

Damon, Elena and Bonnie watched with slight jealousy as the men sat beside their respective partners, kissing them passionately and greeted everyone else; Klaus noticed the look of longing that Damon shared towards Elena and decided to make what Stefan was truly hiding from them known.

"Elena," Klaus said, making the human doppelgänger look up from her quarter-filled glass of diet soda. "When I removed the compulsion that I placed on Stefan, I made the true Stefan come back."

"I know you did," Elena replied, smiling. "And I thank you for that."

"No, you misunderstood me." Klaus replied, earning small, confused looks from everyone. "I mean the true Stefan, the one that Rebekah and I met in the 1920's."

"The Ripper Stefan is back?" Damon asked, looking slightly annoyed. "But he hasn't drunk human blood, I would've noticed if any of the blood bags were gone."

"There's more than one way of occupying human blood, Salvatore." Klaus replied, looking towards Damon, making Elena gasp in shock and cover her mouth with her hands. "What I am saying is true, I am truly sorry about it, but I can make the old Stefan come back but he will always have that hidden Ripper within him."

Elena bolted from the table, she couldn't believe that Stefan was hiding this from her; as she stood in the parking lot of the Grill; the tears that she fought so hard to conceal came out.

....

"Did you honestly have to do that, Klaus?" Bella asked, shaking her head in disappointment towards him. "Honestly, we had a very good day and you just had to ruin it by mentioning that, couldn't you have waited until tomorrow to spring that upon the poor girl?"

"I only just wanted to get it out there."

"Yes, and you clearly made it very clear that Stefan was hiding this from her for weeks now." Bella replied, earning a small nod from everyone. "Did you not think that maybe Stefan wanted to tell her himself? Or the sheer fact that Elena could've found out all on her own, though she maybe a Gilbert by birth, she is also a Petrova and you knowing from experience the Petrova women do tend to figure things out on our own."