Chapter 8- Italian Dinner pt.2

"What about you? Ever make junior partner?" I ask and he beams.

"You remembered! I did actually, last week. My caseload is about the same, if not a little more and the pay is more. The only real difference is that I finally get to sit in on meetings and offer my input." Kaleb leans forward on his elbows and I do the same, crossing my hands.

"I always knew you would. I never doubted you wouldn't make it."

Chapter 8-

"What about you? I know you're directing but with which company?" Kaleb asks, a crooked smile on his lips.

"Summit. For this one, at least. I've had a couple offers from other places." I smile wide, thinking of all the letters sitting on my table at home. There was around six other letters, asking for an interview and some hiring on the spot and trying to out-compete each other.

"That's my girl." He says without thinking and then his eyes widen and he looks up at me with pink cheeks.

I just smile fondly at him and dont say anything, not really minding the pet name. Our waiter comes to take our orders and I get the Chicken Alfredo with spiced noodles and two rolls while Kaleb gets the four-layered lasagna with garlic bread, with the promise that he has gum so his breath wont smell bad.

"I honestly dont care, you're still cute either way." It was my turn to blush and he simply winks at me.

We make idle talk for the rest of the time and then eat in comfortable silence, making eye contact and smiling at each other as we slowly drink through a single bottle of and decline when a second one is offered.

"If you don't need to be home yet, I'd like to show you something." Kaleb pipes in as he pays the bill, much to my annoyance, and helps me with my jacket. I waited for him to slide his own on and he then he offered his arm for me to take.

"We film tomorrow afternoon so I have a while." I confirm and he grins, whisking me to the front of the door and pulling me with him down the somewhat busy sidewalk. I laugh and stumble along, glad my heels were not as tall as they could've been, and collapse into his side once he slows down.

"Have you been through Central Park in the evening? When all the lights are shining?" Kaleb asks me as we walk slowly through the entrance of the park.

"That is a negative." I reply as we start the casual stroll.

"Then youre about to witness one of the most beautiful things in the world." Kaleb smiles softly and pulls me closer as a wind picks up through the trees around us.

"Im holding you to that." I whisper and look around us-at the sights and the scattered couples witnessing the same things as we are.

"I would never lie to you, not intentionally." He whispers back to me and then we walk in comfortable silence the rest of the time. He points out scenes from famous movies and proposals, but I just smile and nod along. My mind was on other things; how good it felt to be back in Kaleb's presecne, and how a calm had set over my body, as if I had been missing something and he had brought it back to me.

"Morgan, are you even listening?" Kaleb grins at me and I realize that we had stopped in the middle of the park, surrounded by twinkling lights and swaying tree branches.

"That is also a negative, of about five minutes ago. My apologies." A pink blush soon adornes my cheeks and I shrug.

"May I ask what you were thinking about? I'm not boring you,am I?" He seemed a tad worried so I shook my head and smiled crrokedly at him.