"Dustin slow down....you're being too rough."

"I thought you liked it rough."

This time I grabbed her face hard. She tried pulling away from me but I wouldn't let her go. Instead I pressed myself closer to her, deeper inside of her. When I looked back at her it wasn't her face that I saw but of Vanessa's face, plastered with excitement and pleasure. Before I could react, Ariel slapped me and pulled herself out of my grip. She got up from on top of me and just stood there over me. The look of shock and hurt filled me with disappointment. I got up slowly trying to grab her.

"Ariel, I'm sorry."

"How could you? You never disrespected me before Dustin and now...you're turning into him."

She ran into the bathroom and locked the door. All I could do was pick up the chair and throw it. How could I ever hurt her like that? Force her into something that she clearly wasn't into. Disregard her like Carnell did. I don't know what had gotten into me. How could I have ever mistaken her for Vanessa?

I know Ariel, what she likes and what she doesn't like. But here I am fucking her the way I use to fuck Vanessa, the way I use to please her. Ever since the night at the hotel Vanessa has been on my mind nonstop. I keep seeing visions of her and don't know why. I think Chris was right. I am going to fuck up my marriage dealing with Vanessa.

As I walked up to the table, she stood up. I greeted her with a hug and sat down.

"Sorry I'm late", I said as I seated.

"It's ok. I know you. Some things never change huh?"

"I guess not."

I chuckled. The waiter came over and placed our meal in front of us.

"I also ordered for you as well. I hope that's alright?"

"Well it's right on time."

I took a bite after saying a small prayer.

"I see you still like to control things", I stated looking up at her.

"Let's not go there Dustin. I was hoping we could enjoy a nice meal together for once."

"You're right, I'm sorry."

"Your son is so cute, he looks just like you", she said trying to lighten the mood.

"Thanks. That's my boy right there. I love that little guy."

"Your wife is beautiful."

"I'm very thankful for her."

"Are you happy?"

"Huh?"

She caught me off guard with her question.

"I said are you happy?"

"No I know what you said, just wondering where it is coming from."

"When we bumped into each other the other day, I felt something. I know you felt it too, I saw it in your eyes."

"To be honest, my emotions were all over the place."

"Exactly, there is still something there."

"Whoa Vanessa we're done. I agree something is there and that is the need for closure. We never officially ended our relationship, you just up and left."

"And I'm sorry. I was stupid. I should have never left. I should have stayed and listen. Then I would have been your wife and that could have been our son."

"But you are not and I'm happy with my family."

"Leave her. We can pick up where we left off."

"I love her."

"And I still love you."

"I'm not leaving Ariel. She's my soulmate."

"Soulmate....all she brought was drama in your life. You almost died because of her, you moved away from the people you love because of her. She is not who you think she is. You can't trust her."

I thought about what she said. I never doubted Ariel before. I trusted her a hundred percent, but after the other day I didn't know what to think anymore. It's apparent her trip to the hospital was for Carnell but why? Why would she want to see him and how did she even know he would still be there?

"We can start over again Dustin. We could be happy this time around."

"I'm not leaving my wife and that is final. I don't think we need to be in contact anymore. I wish you well."

I stood up and reached into my pocket. I pulled out my wallet, took out a $100 bill and placed it on the table.

"I don't need you to pay Dustin. I can afford my own meals. I'm a doctor now, did you forget?"

"I was raised to do things a certain way. I'm a man now, did you forget?"

I was infuriated with the jab she just took. The main reason why she left me was to become a doctor. I would have never stood in the way of her career. I just wanted us to be married first, before she left. I placed her before my priorities and just wanted her to do the same. Instead she chose an occupation over me. Now she has the audacity to demand me to drop everything for her again. As I walked out I was so enraged that I couldn't make out what she yelled out at me. I could careless to hear anything else this bitch had to say. She was now obsolete to me.