Chapter 2

It has been a week that Meryl had been living in Don's. A man on who she couldn't put a face on. She had felt a bit better but she still had to take her pills. She took the initiative to write him a letter.

"Dear Don,

I am Meryl Streep, Third's Big Sister. I wanted to thank you for lending me your apartment while you're doing your world trip. Third told me about it, it seems very fancy and super cool. I wish I could travel like you do. Whatever, I don't know how to thank you enough. I hope one day, I will be able to tell you face to face.

Thank you again. Take care.

Meryl Streep"

Without knowing it, this letter was going to change her life for ever.

Despite huge blows of life, Meryl took three small parts in movies: one with Dustin Hoffman, one with Woody Allen and the other one with Alan Alda. Everyday, she went to work, went back home, thought of Don, then John and Don again.

One morning, she received a letter from Don.

"Dear Meryl,

I'm glad you like my little apartment. It's small but at least you've got a roof and a dry space to sleep. Harry told me so many things about you and Sigourney as well, before our break up. I really would love to meet you, and to know you more. I know life wasn't very kind with you lately and if you need a ear, well, don't forget that you can write me a letter or, when I'll come back, we'll can chat. All of that, only if you want. I won't judge you. Who the hell am I to judge you ? No one has to do it.

Take care.

Don Gummer"

Moved, Meryl started right away to write back when she suddenly fell asleep. Her days were exhausting.

A car noise in the street woke up her rudely. She was so late for the beginning of her next movie, the one with the Great Wood Allen.

By 9.27 am, she arrived at the studio.

"-Where the fuck were you ?" yelled a producer.

"-Sorry, I promise it will be the first and the last time." answered Meryl anxiously

"-I hope so, or you'll be in a great trouble young lady ! You're nothing but a newly actress. You can't make Woody wait."

"-I'm so sorry but my boyfriend just..."

"-Who cares ? I'm not your shrink !"

"-I know... I'm sorry."

"-Are you still talking ? Shut up and go to the make-up room. Everybody is waiting for you !"

After she got her make up on and went to apologize to Woody, the shooting begun. She was so embarrassed. After 11 hours of shooting, Meryl went back home. Because of the fact that she had a minor part, her next days of shooting was in a month. Finally sitting on the sofa, she thought about John, Don, John and Don again. Was it wrong ? Who knows... She went back to her writing. "What the hell am I doing ? "Thought Meryl. "How can I speak with another guy ? Is this called cheating ? Well... no, I just said what was my name and I just thanked him. Nothing's wrong. But he seems so nice. Don lent me his apartment and wants to help me. Does he do that just because he's nice or just because he want something from me ? No sex ! Guys are just real bastard ! So disgusting !" After her reflexion, she tore the letter and ate an apple, well, to be honest, just few bites. She couldn't eat more.

A couple of days later, she really needed to talked to someone she didn't know. Don was the right guy. She took a white paper and wrote Don a new letter.

"Don,

I so sorry for the late reply but to be honest, I didn't know what to do. It seems like I'm cheating on John when I'm writing to you. But it's not right ? I just can't stop thinking about him.

Whatever, I'd like to introduce myself. So, my name's Mary Louise Streep but everyone called me Meryl because I'm like the 8th Mary in my family so my dad made up that name... I'm the eldest of three kids. I'm 28 and I'm an comedian since 1975 and a newly actress. I made a mini-series called "Holocaust" which is currently on TV but I'm not sure it will be broadcast where you are... Who knows ? I'm going to film three movies and I'm currently rehearsing for a play : "The Taming of the Shrew". I have a great breakdown so, I have to take pills. I'm thinking of both death and John all day long. My life is so pathetic. No one cares ! You must be annoyed of that !Seriously. So pathetic !

What about you ? Tell me. I want to know you more. I can't wait for your letter.

PS: Sorry, if I'm acting weird but I feel secured while I'm writing to you. Don't take anything wrong. If I'm mad, it's against myself. But once again, no one cares ! Right !

Have a nice day, Don.

Meryl"

So, this is my second chapter. I hope you liked it. Just keep in mind: everything is fiction.

Have a nice day