SAMPLE- PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK

There was once a time when things weren't so horrible.

The world used to be a decent place to live in.

I didn't have to fear getting eaten alive every time I left my home.

I did now, though. We all did.

My grandfather died when this whole "zombies are taking over the world" thing happened, back when the virus started to spread. Then it was just my brother Feliciano and I for a while. He died too, though. We were trying to get some information on the "safe place", when a group of zombies got into the dirty home we were visiting.

I've been trying to find the supposed safe haven since. It's been three years.

Three years on my own.

Oh great. It's raining. Just what I needed.

With a dejected sigh, I trudged along the muddy dirt road, frowning with dismay as my shoes got dirtier. If that was possible, I mean.

Feli loved it when it rained...

"Hey...hey, are you lost?"

A sudden voice from behind me snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Agh!"

Okay, more like scared me out of my thoughts.

"Whoa, sorry, didn't mean to startle you!" He laughed quietly, rubbing the back of his neck. "You just seemed a little...well, lost."

I scowled up at him. Who was this guy?

"No, I'm not 'lost'. I happen to know exactly where I'm going, thank you very much."

"Oh really? Where ya headed, then?" He smirked down at me and crossed his arms.

"I'm headed south to the Safe Place. Why?"

"Because, señor 'I know where I'm going', you're headed west. Not south."

I gaped up at him. Was he serious?

How in the...

I looked down at the rusted compass in my hands. Was it broken?

"Looks broken to me..." he commented, almost as if he could read my thoughts. "No worries though! I'm headed to the Safe Place too! Why don't you just tag along with me?"

He had the biggest smile I had ever seen, even before the virus started. Was it really possible for this guy to be that happy?

"...Huh? What? Oh, uh, sure?"