Falling

All Frisk could remember was falling

Down.

In the darkness of the mountain.

He couldn't even remember why

Why did they fall?

He sat up, blinking, wondering how he was safe.

Flowers. They were on a bed of sunflowers. Okay. Frisk stood. They looked around. It was so dark. They looked up. There was light pouring from above, a firey red light. The sun was setting. They looked around, shaking. They wanted to go home. They sniffled, feeling the walls, and taking the only way out. It was so dark. They couldn't see anything. Then, he bumped into...stone, they guessed. They fell back, afraid, then felt it again. There was a door. They pushed it, wincing as a loud crash echoed. They timidly stepped out into the new room, aglow in the same firey light. In the middle of the room was a small sunflower, bent over. It looked as if it had been through hell. And its face was slowly turning in his direction. It...it looked at him. Its eyes were like dark buttons, but....they were so tired.

"Ah. A human." It began. "H-hiya. My name is Flowey."

Frisk gasped, sitting heavily on the floor, their legs giving out. This was. No. How could a flower talk?

"Golly, you look so confused..." Flowey continued,"I...I'm sorry human. Y-you shouldn't have come here... S-she's gonna find you..." The flower looked at Frisk sadly."I-it would have been better if you had just...died in the fall."Flowey's head dropped."Because in this world...It's killed or be killed." Frisk looked at the flower curiously. It was so...sad. They walked over to it, and knelt. They slowly stroked it's leaves. The flower froze, looking up."W-what are you doing?" He asked."Y-you should run, or try to hide? Don't waste time on me!" Frisk set his backpack on the floor. Not that there was anything in it. He wondered why. He picked up the flower gently, and placed it in his bag. Flowey stared at Frisk, wided-eyed."W-why would you." He said, unable to comprehend why the human was doing this.

Then, there was a bright light, growing stronger every second from the other side of the room. Flowey ducked inside the backpack, shaking fearfully. A...goat? Dragon? Whatever it was, it was smiling. "Hello there, child" It said, tilting its neck to look at him. Its voice and its smile were sincere but...its eyes...they were full of something. Rage? Anger? Sadness? Frisk couldn't say. "Follow me." It said, turning and walking slowly away. Frisk stood up, grabbing the back pack, and ran after it. Flowey was still in the backpack, looking up at the human."I-im sorry." Flowey whispered. There was nothing he could do.