"Do I need these many dresses?" Eleanor asked Rebekah as they walked back to the mansion. "Doesn't it seem a bit too lavish?"

    "Nothing is too lavish, Eleanor," Rebekah answered with a soft smirk. "Everything is just perfect." 

   The older vampire reminded Eleanor much of Klaus: the smirk, the short, sarcastic laugh, the little hint of patience, and the want for everything to be absolutely perfect. Rebekah was much more similar to Klaus than she was to Elijah. While the oldest sibling thought rationally, the other two went with their pride. Of course, Eleanor could do nothing but admire all three. They did take her in and brought her all the way to America, so how could she think ill of them?

   At the governor's house, she was immediately taken to be prepared. She was bathed in warm water with a hint of rose oil, her hair was done in tight curls, and her corset was tightened to make her waist look smaller than it already was. Each time one of the maids pulled the strings, she wondered if one of her ribs would break or if she would suffocate. 

   "Please," she begged the maid. "That's enough!" She huffed another breath as the maid, once again, tightened the corset. 

   "No!" the maid said, her rough Creole accent echoing around her. "Corsets must go on tight. You have wide hips, girl, so I must tighten it more."

   "You're killing me!" she groaned.

   "I'm making you look pretty for the party," the maid defended. "Mr. Klaus must look for a husband for you, girl. With such wide hips, you can give him many children!"

   "That's enough, Philomene," Rebekah's voice rang from the door. From the mirror, Eleanor saw Rebekah walking in with a regal pose. She was dressed in a beautiful olive coloured dress, her hair held up, and pearls draped around her neck.

   The maid, Philomene, pulled away slowly. She nodded at the eldest vampire as she walked away, her rough hands holding up her skirt. Eleanor could see the disagreement in her eyes as she walked away, as she huffed about how the house had been taken over by the Mikaelson's and the governor was doing nothing about it.

   "Does she not know what we are?" Eleanor asked the vampire, who was now helping her with the corset. 

   Rebekah scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Not everyone needs to know what we are, Eleanor," she said. "What we are must be kept a secret."

   "We speak of what we are as if we were hidden treasures," the fledgling said, staring at herself in the mirror, "yet we're mere poison in plain sight."

   "You have a way with words," the blonde chuckled. "Elijah needs to stop giving you so many books."

    Eleanor chuckled and glanced back at her. "I enjoy the books. They're lovely."

   "I'm not one for books," Rebekah said, flashing a smile. "I prefer parties and fun, not boring, old dead blocks of wood with words."

   "That is because you have been in this world longer, Bekah," Eleanor laughed. She then stopped when she realized that she didn't call the vampire her full name, but a nickname that she had heard Klaus use for his sister. The fledging straightened herself and turned to look at the girl. "I-I apologise."

   "It's all right," Rebekah replied, giving her a small smile. "Only those close to me have ever called me Bekah."

   "I apologise," Eleanor repeated, looking down at the hoop that would hold her skirt.

   "Eleanor," the blonde chuckled, "it's all right. You can call me Bekah, if you'd like. We are living together, aren't we? And we probably will for a long, long time."