Chapter 2

I'm telling you!" Mal shouted, exasperated. "I found the son of Cruella De Vil! He came to me!"

Jay huffed, raising an eyebrow in sceptism. "Yeah, sure. I'm going to also guess you fell in love and know you're planning to get married, huh?" He snickered at the heated blush that appeared on the young villain's cheeks.

"No." She retorted. Mal turned to her closest friend Evie, who had been unusually quiet the entire conversation. "Come on, E! You have to believe me!"

The daughter of the Evil Queen shuffled her feet nervously. "I don't know, Mal." She whispered. "This could be one of your tricks."

Jay pumped his fist in the air, cheering. "And the girl agrees!" He coughed as he wrapped his arms in a tight hold once more. "I don't really think you're gonna win this one, M." He spoke seriously.

Mal's expression turned dull, and she muttered a small curse under her breath before forcing a smile. "Fine." She bent inward, smirking. "Then come by later. I can prove I have the boy in my possession."

Evie took a step back, unnerved. "Mal, you're talking like your mother again." She pointed out. Said preteen villain confidently nodded. "Excellent." She took off without another word, vanishing in the rustling crowds.

Both descendants stared at each other, waiting for one to speak. "So..." Evie began, moving her feet forward as Jay followed. "what do you think of all this?"

Her friend kicked a nearby pebble, it sailing onto a work man's head, giving the boy a chance to swipe a slightly fresh peach. "Don't believe it for a second." He remarked. "She's just lying so we'll come over, and then we'll get involved in another plan to impress our parents."

Evie coked her head, confused. "I thought Mal's mother was traveling to the other side of the island for the weekend."

The son of Jafar scrambled for an answer. "Then she's doing it for our parents now!" he shouted triumphantly. Evie's grin turned sour. "She wants to have all the best villains think she's the best, so we'll be left behind!"

Evie slapped the back of the boy's head. "Your mad." She muttered. "I've known Mal basically my whole life, and she would never abandon us."

"First of all," Jay paused mid-step. "thank you for the mad compliment, I can't say appreciate it, against the code and all."

"I wasn't trying to be good." Evie murmured. "That was supposed to be an insult."

Jay winked. "Then practice your skills. And second, of course Mal would ditch us! I mean, she just did!" He gestured to the lack of a third member in their party. Evie glanced away, watching the market's day go by. "Only because she's focused on her imaginary boy."

"Aha!" Jay whipped an amusing finger across to her, and Evie gasped at the startling movement. "You don't think she's crazy! Man, you're insane!"

Evie concealed her embarrassment and stared her opponent in the eyes. "Thank you, what a nice thing to say. I personally love being called insane." She giggled victoriously as her partner's mouth went dry, and she skipped away, happy with her success.

Carlos squinted at the burning daylight that entered the normally dark room, hissing as Mal came to a stop before him.

She rolled her eyes. "What are you, a vampire? I know for a fact Cruella was human." The boy growled. He rolled over to spot the girl, but was careful enough to keep his wounds untouched. "Well, did you know my father?" He questioned snidely.

"Whatever." Mal muttered, striding away. "Oh, by the way," she trailed off, making Carlos' ear perk, his anxiety retuning. "I'm having a couple acquaintances over today, so I can prove to them I have you here."

Carlos tugged on the edge of his shirt, suddenly becoming very quiet. "What's so special about me?" He murmured.

He flinched as Mal came shuffling over. "Because your the son of Cruella. She's the only villain that's refused to come out of hiding. If I find her, I can finally proved to my mother that I'm worthy."

"Are you intimidated by your Mom?" Carlos slapped a hand over his mouth after the blurt.

Mal blinked as she stared at the young villain. "Why would I be?" She snapped back. Carlos shrugged. "All you've talked about it making Maleficent proud. And that she'll be disappointed if you fail." He leaned his chin on his knees. "How do you know she'll be angry before she is?"

Mal's composure went slumped as she sighed. The preteen ran her hand through her hair, violet stands falling past her grip. "I just know."

She reattached her breathing pattern when an unmistakable knock echoed along then walls. Carlos raised an eyebrow. "What was that? Sounded like someone hit the used Broom shop again."

"Carlos, shut up!" Mal seethed, the boy falling silent she twisted back around. "Mal?" A voice spoke from the other side of the door. "We're here-"

A loud oof could be recognized. "To see your fake find!" A brash voice yelled out. Mal's eyes flashed a sickening green. "It's real!" She shouted back. "and the door's unlocked!"

Evie poked her head in as the door opening slowly, the creaking seemingly never ending. "Hey." She released a small grin to Mal, huddling her friend lightly. "Are you going to show us now?"

Jay flicked dust of his shoulder pads as he took in the sights. "I still don't believe." He said. Mal chuckled, making sure her body concealed the boy behind her from both her comrades. "You will."

She moved away and opened her arms in a sort of revealing patten. "Guys," they looked to her, and she gestured to the laid out couch. "Meet Carlos. Son of Cruella De Vil."

The boy turned their way. "Hi." His cheeks were tainted with pink, but Mal still knew she got both of the other villains, judging by their expressions of pure shock.

But she wasn't expecting the shriek of joy that then came from Evie.