Chapter 1

Hey all, thanks for tuning into to this romantic journey of Sanam and Shahid, hope you enjoy it.

Comments and votes appreciated x

Someone was pulling me from my sleep, I was in such a nice dream but unfortunately I had to be woken up by none another then my little sister Saira, who kept non stop screeching in my ear to wake me up.

"Diiii get up nah, I've been calling you since ages, dadi is gonna be so angry she told me to wake you up so we could go shopping together I think there is something happening but she isn't telling me.... Wake up nahhhh"

I felt like going back to sleep, but knowing dadi was waiting for me I hurriedly got out of my dreams "listen madam I'm up ok, I smiled I'll be down in under 10 minutes" I said to Saira. I put my dupatta over my shoulders and headed towards the bathroom to get ready while Saira headed downstairs singing a bollywood song.

Saira was my baby sister but we were completely different, I was the shy, timid and reserved one whereas she was loud, completely pagal and over the top. But having no parents we were all each other had from a young age, she was like a daughter to me instead of my sister.

Hurring up to get ready I finished my shower and dried my hair, quickly putting in my light blue salwar kameez before heading downstairs.

Standing in front of me was my loving dadi, who looked strict on the outside but was soft as a teddy bear on the inside. She was the head of our household, my cachu also lived in the house and his wife, such a nosy over the top dramatic lady but with a heart of gold and their young adorable soon who was like a brother to me, Zaid.

"Sanam my dear, we have special guests coming round this evening, I need you to go and get a few things from the bazaar and then come back quickly so you can get ready for when they come " my dadi said. I was a bit surprised whenever we had guests dadi had never specifically asked me to get ready, they must be special I guess, maybe I should ask her.

" my pyari se dadi, I said wrapping my arms around her shoulders, who are these guests that you have to make special food for and I have to meet them all dressed up " I asked her hoping she would reply.

" Well beti, hopefully these are your to be in laws, a special friend, you know Aunty Gazala told me about this family, they are looking for a daughter in law for their oldest son who is business man and apparently very handsome, they are a very loving and caring family, I haven't seen them yet but Gazala assures me that there isn't a family around like theirs. They want a daughter in law who is modern but the same time is cultured, religious and well mannered, and I know that you have these qualities and more, plus you are of the right age to get married".

I was somewhat happy that this joyous occasion was happening in my life but knowing how shy I was I probably won't even be able to face my to be husband let alone speak to him. I had never had a 'boy' friend and was very shy in front of the opposite sex. Maybe if dadi thought this was the right family then I guess she knew best. I was starting to blush I guess just thinking about 'him' that I wasn't listening to what dadi was saying.

"so now you know beti hurry up and take Saira with your and run to the bazaar to get these things " handing me a list of things she walked off but not before muttering "make sure Saira behaves herself".

I smiled and called Saira's name all around the house but madam was waiting outside for me by my scooty (scooter) ready to tease me.