LevixReader ~Brat~

~Brat~

A small cough emitted from your throat as you slowly opened your eyes. Your body felt numb and you couldn't bring yourself to move. With your mind, still disoriented, you looked around, quietly praising how clean the room you were in was. You coughed again, this time finding it harder to breathe. A wave of panic flowed through you as you tried to catch your breath, resulting in more and more coughing.

You suddenly heard footsteps running closer and closer to where you were. The door slammed open and a boy about your age rushed in and walked over, helping you sit up. He quietly patted and rubbed your back. Eventually, you were able to breathe once more and your coughing subsided. The boy sighed in relief and laid you down again. You were grateful to him. You wondered why he was helping you though.

You had gotten into a huge fight with some boys who had attacked you. You thought you could handle them, but ended up being subdued and almost beaten to death. Before they could throw the final blow, the boy came and fought them, making sure they ran off with their tails between their legs. You ended up blacking out in the end, and woke up to the room you were in now.

The boy had a handsome face with piercing green eyes and chocolate brown hair. His face showed worry as he rested himself on a chair next to your bed. You turned your head, trying to get a good look and smiled at him. A nod and gentle smile was his response to you. You decided to try and speak up.

"Th-thank you...."

Your voice came out as a coarse whisper. The boy looked surprised at the sudden speech, but smiled nonetheless.

"It was no problem. Those guys need to learn to not beat up innocent people."

You nodded in agreement, trying to sit up again. The boy quickly helped you.

"Thanks. Um... I should probably get going. I don't want to trouble you too much."

The boy chuckled and shook his head. "You're good. Wait till you're healed to leave."

"Are you sure?"
"Positive."

You felt guilty for just sitting there, but realized that if you tried to stand up, you'd probably fall. Your legs started getting their feeling back, and pain emitted from them. You knew that it would hurt more to stand up so you decided to stay put.

"So um... what's your name?"
"Eren."
"That's nice, I'm (Y/N)."

He grinned and nodded. "I like that name. It suits you."

You smiled at the small praise and felt a little better about the whole situation. You debated what to say next. You were scared it would become awkward fast and he would start having second thoughts about keeping you there. Before you could say anything else, he beat you to it.

"Why were those guys attacking you?"

You stiffened at the question. Why? That was a complicated answer. Your boyfriend, Levi, was part of one of the gangs that roamed the city and you were pretty sure that the guys who attacked you were rivals of his. Levi had warned you countless times to be careful on the streets because once it got around the two of you were in a relationship, the rival  gangs would try and hurt you, or worse, kill you. You quickly looked at Eren and sighed.

"My boyfriend is part of a gang, and those guys were his rivals so they went after me in hopes to get to him."

Eren rubbed an imaginary beard and nodded. "Very interesting. Your boyfriend is in some serious shit then?"

You quietly nodded as you played with your fingers, nervous about having said something about it. You knew you shouldn't have said anything. For all you knew Eren could be from another of the gangs. You doubted it, but you could never be too careful. People had attempted to hurt you before, people that you trusted. It was all because of Levi, but you never blamed him for any of it. You knew that it was a risk if you wanted to be in a relationship with him. It was a risk you were willing to take because, deep down, Levi was a really good person and you didn't want to give him up.