Chapter Seventeen: Feathers

Start from the beginning

She saw the knife Robb had given her almost eight months ago on the dressing table and grabbed it. She felt a lot more in control of her emotions with the knife in her hand. She saw an ugly red satin pillow laid on the chair in the corner and felt like it was the perfect target. She rammed her dagger into the fabric repeatedly until it was just tatters, feathers all over the floor. She grabbed another, sighing with content as she took out her fury on the pillows she had never actually liked. Soon, the floor was littered with scraps of the thick fabrics and thousands of little white feathers.

She collapsed onto the floor, burying her hands into the feathers, throwing them up into the air. Laughing slightly for the first time in a while, she laid the dagger back on the dresser, before picking the scraps of fabric, tearing them into smaller pieces. She didn't know why destroying all the small pillows in the room made her feel so much better, but it did. She wondered if she could ask Alize to bring her some more.

That was when Joffrey walked in. He looked around the room, which was a complete mess. He looked around, shocked, before turning his glare to Lyanna. He kicked his way through the feathers and tatty scraps of fabric to get to her, seeming rathr furious that she had messed up their room.

"You stupid little bitch," he hissed, slapping her right cheek, hard. She gasped in shock and pain, spinning onto her all fours from the force of the hit. She cupped her hand over her throbbing cheek as her baby kicked sharply, which made her groan in pain. "Why in Seven Hells did you do this? Mother was right, she said you were a common bastard not fit to even be near the Red Keep,"

When it looked as if she hadn't listened to him, because she was still leant over on her hands and knees, gasping in pain, he grabbed her shoulder, pulling her round to face him and grabbed her jaw, forcing her to look at him. She braced herself for another hit, but that didn't stop it from hurting. She winced, forcing herself not to cry.

"Did you hear me?" he said sharply, his grip tightening on her jaw. "My mother says you're a common, stupid bastard whose not fit to even glimpse at a castle. That means that your child will be just as much a wildling as you are, you bitch,"

"M-my child? It's yours as much as mine," she muttered, taking in nervous, shaky breaths.

"Is it? Knowing your kind, its probably some other man's," he hit her again, but this time, she had her guards up, it didn't hurt much, even if it felt like her cheek was bleeding. "You were close to that Greyjoy boy, is that child's his?"

She would have normally laughed at the accusations of her and Theon, but now wasn't the time. She watched as Joffrey formed a fist and... she screamed as his fist collided with her bump. That was when she felt a pain between her thighs which was worse than any pain she'd ever felt before. It was also when she felt a rush of what she felt like water flowing, also from around her thighs.

The cramps, breathlessness, her spiralling emotions and now her waters... She was going into labour.

She wanted to groan from the pain which ran through her stomach and now between her thighs, but kept quiet, in case Joffrey caught on to what was happening to her. She bit onto her lip hard as Joffrey stood over her. She thought he would hit her again, but instead, he turned away from her, and she let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm going hunting with my father, I'll be back in a week. Try not to ruin our room any more," Joffrey said as he began to walk out. "Oh, I almost forgot, Lord Stark is awake," he said quietly as an after thought. Slamming the door shut, Joffrey left the room, locking the door behind him.

Gasping in pain, Lyanna tried to pull herself onto her feet using the bed for support, but could barely get herself into a sitting position. Winter, who had fortunately been asleep whilst Joffrey had been beating her, trotted over to her. The wolf sniffed both her face and belly before going off onto the balcony and beginning to howl.

Part of Lyanna was terrified at the thought of the locked door. If no one could get in and she couldn't stand to unlock it, she was trapped in here on her own; she would have a baby locked away in her own.

As she stroked her stomach, taking in deep breaths, trying to regain herself, someone tried the door handle. They rattler it around slightly, before beginning to pound on the door. However many times Lyanna called to them to tell them that it was locked and they should stop didn't bother them and they continued until...

The door shattered into pieces with a bang as Alize broke her way through. Flourishing and axe, she must have cut her way through. Alize grinned at Lyanna slightly, who kept the same weathered expression, before tossing the axe across the room, next to the bow and arrows. Only then did Alize notice Lyanna on the floor.

"My lady?" She asked, kneeling next to Lyanna.

"I-I t-told you, y-you don't need t-to call me that?" She stammered, before another pain crossed through her stomach and thighs, making her scream out.

"Is it the baby?" Alize asked, smiling slightly. When Lyanna nodded meekly, terrified by the thought that now, it was really happening;she was having a baby.