The Stare

I do not own Harry Potter and never will. If I did, Drarry would most definitely be canon.  

"Harry! You're staring again!"

Harry Potter was awoken from his daydream with a tap on the shoulder from Hermione. He was startled and jumped out of his chair a little. "Bloody hell Moine, you scared me" Harry said. Hermione rolled her eyes and went back to her breakfast.

Ron piped up. " We know you have a crush on Malfoy but you don't have to stare that obviously." Harry smiled apologetically. He told Hermione and Ron that he was gay last year and they took it well. The thing that was a surprise is when Harry told them he had a crush on Malfoy. Ron didn't speak to him for 3 days he was so mad. Hermione understood but still kept her distance. Eventually they came around and that was one of the happiest days of Harry's life.

As Harry went back to staring, Hermione and Ron smiled to each other. It was nice to see Harry in love. After the war ended he seemed different from the Harry that they knew. It was to be expected, wars change people, but he was always a bit distant from the world. Returning for 8th year definitely helped but once in a while they could see the blankness in his eyes when flashbacks happened. Malfoy helped that too. 

When Harry stared at Draco, he noticed a lot of things, like when he was mad he would twist his mother's ring forcefully on his finger. When he was nervous, he started to reach to clench his hair between his fists, but would stop because he didn't want to break his Malfoy composure. Harry also saw the flash of sadness that passed over his eyes when ever someone mentioned his parents or even the war. It was almost like he was just tired of it all. Or he was hoping for a world where the wizarding war didn't happen, so he could just be Draco, not Draco Malfoy son of a death eater that was locked up in Azkaban. 

Harry also noticed how handsome Draco was. His beautiful platinum blonde hair, his stormy grey eyes, his sculpted quidditch body and his lips. Harry was obsessed with those lips. The famous Malfoy smirk they made, the soft pink colour and the way that they moved when he talked. It was just so perfect, his lips almost flowed. Harry wanted them on his own. Harry could dream about Draco forever and ever.

Harry stared at Draco until it was time to go to charms class. He gathered his books, grabbed his wand and started to walk out. As he took his last glance Harry swore he saw something that made his heart sore.

Draco winked.

A/N
Thank you for reading my second fic! If you have any suggestions for improvements for this fic or ideas for other ones please comment! Thats all I have to say so... BYE!

A/N Edit 8/8/17

Changing the story a bit to fit an 8th year story!