Untitled Part 1

I still remember that time when we accidentally bumped into each other. The first thing that came into my mind was "is this person crazy?!" Seriously, who would wander outside not wearing any coat or jacket in the middle of winter? But as I looked at you, shivering amidst the snow, I immediately removed my coat and lent it to you. Your body was trembling and your hands were cold yet there was a trace of a warm and gentle smile on your lips. A smile I've known for so long.

Since you were a child, I watched as each of your days passed. Even on the day when that incident happened, I was watching. Only watching because that is all I can do. If only I was capable of helping you then you wouldn't have to suffer. For so long you've endured your situation, until, it came to an end. Beats stopped, warmth froze, and your eyes closed. And once again I watched as it happened.

I pitied you, trapped in that room. Only staring, at the people enjoying their lives outside your window. Wishing that someday, you too would be able to go outside again. Dreaming that you were travelling the world and enjoying life to the fullest. I pitied you...but I also... loved you.

For that reason, I sacrificed my wings so that you would be able to enjoy life, if only for a moment. I did it because I thought it was the right thing to do and that it was my duty to bring you happiness... for I was... your guardian angel.

That day when you were given a day to live, I was able to know you and you were able to know me. I was glad because I was able to let you enjoy your life even if it was just for one day. But as your time runs out, I gave you a choice. To continue living or to return my wings. I was ready to give up my life for you but you decided to return my wings instead. And once again, I can only watch as your life faded in front of me.

And now... after so much time had passed, I can feel tears flowing on my cheeks, heart beating rapidly... for you are here in front me, living, breathing... smiling. I was happy because I was able to meet you, once as a human, and now as another angel who would watch over the children below. I'm glad I made the right decision because you were able to know me and I was able to become close to you. Together let us spend our days here in the skies.