Chap 17: Reunion

Pop lay beside me on the grass outside, just holding Donny to his chest and staring silently up at the sky through the leaves. I was leaning against Paige while she babbled on about knocking Logan out at their training this morning.

Everyone is slowly accepting Pop's presence with us. Slade is still...cautious around him and places himself directly in the path of Pop from me. And I don't tell him I let Pop hold Donny. He'd lose it.

"Hey, Piper, where is your mum? I thought she was meeting with us today?" Archer asked me in confusion as he dropped down on the picnic blanket dragging Terri down with him. Everyone except Christopher, Slade, Brock, Colt, Seth and Maggie was here.

"I think she said something about sorting a Coven out." I told him with a small shrug of my shoulders and his eyebrows rose up in surprise.

"Hey, Lucy, can you tell us something about Witches?" Paige asked Lucy eagerly after shoving Logan's face away from her. His cheeks were stuffed with food and he was trying to spit it all over her.

"What would you like to know?" Lucy asked her slowly as she straightened up and popped a strawberry in her mouth. She was sitting as far as she could away from Pop.

"How come we don't interact with Witches? I mean, other than Mandy. And the woman she was talking to when we were looking for Piper was pretty shocked and angry when she heard King Slade in the background." Jay interrupted Paige before she could offer something to talk about with Witches. Everyone glanced down for a moment at the reminder about that time.

"There is quite a bit of history between Lycans and Witches." Lucy began to explain to us and Pop smirked beside me at her words. "Witches were once allied with Lycans, before one of their Elders decided that it'd be in their best interest to ally with the Vampires." Lucy explained to us uneasily and everyone except Pop gasped in shock along with me. From what I've understood, Witches are meant to be neutral parties and with their gentle behaviours and 'balance with nature' it seemed implausible for them to side with such a destructive species.

"Why aren't they with the Vampires now?" Paige asked Lucy curiously as she frowned uneasily and Lucy gave her a small smile shaking her head slightly.

"Would you believe it had something to do with a power struggle?" Lucy quizzed us ion amusement and I shared a doubtful look with the others. "They were powerful allies, would have annihilated the rest of us and ruled the world with an iron claw. But Witches backed out at the finish line because they couldn't control the Vampires." Lucy conclude with a clueless shrug while I frowned deeply at what she said. It seemed to easy and suspicious for Witches to suddenly back out from the winning side. "Since then, Witches have been the neutral side." Lucy told us simply and I glanced over at Pop when he hummed in agreement.

"How sweet; a Lycan is trying to teach our history." A strange voice spoke up with a sneer and everyone turned to face them in surprise. Pop tensed up on the ground beside me and his eyes changed. At first they went pitch black, the whole eye, and then a deep, blood red colour showed up in places.

It was scary as hell.

"Ivy, you are being rude." Mum sighed out in annoyance and I spun to face her quickly. She stood next to two women looking uncomfortable and very annoyed with them both. They seemed to ignore the tension she was feeling and glared spitefully at us.

I smiled widely in greeting at mum when she spotted Pop and I and hurried over to scoop Donny up. Mum pocked her tongue out at Pop when he opened his mouth to protest and I giggled in amusement at her.