Chapter(25) Birthday Girl♡

Start from the beginning

I grabbed my black Huaraches, some dark washed ripped skinny jeans, and a black long-sleeved high low crop top with white words. I set the clothes on my bed and grabbed a black bra from my dresser, slipping it on.

I put my clothes on and walked back to the bathroom, starting on my hair. I wet it, making it puff and curl up on it's own. I did my makeup- eye shadow, mascara and lipgloss- and put on some gold studs. I looked myself over in the mirror and smiled.

"Mel, I'm ready," Ess came in. She was in a grey sweater dress  and black tights with black boots. I put her hair into a high bun and left her fly aways out and after grabbing our backpacks and stuff for school, we walked downstairs.

Uncle Henry was in the kitchen sitting at the bar with his glasses on, doing something on his laptop. He saw us and took his glasses off, beginning to dig in his pocket. 

"I didn't have time to cook breakfast for y'all this morning, y'all can stop somewhere and get something," he said before handing me 200 dollars.

"Uncle H-"

"Y'all better go before you're late," He says, pushing us towards the door before I could say anything about the money. I grabbed the keys to his Dodge charger and after saying our goodbyes, Ess and and I got in the car and drove to Starbucks.

*****

I pulled into the lot of my school, grabbing my things and hopping out. 
It took a minute before I was walking through the Main entrance, where Kat was waiting for me. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Happy Birthday Biiiitttcchhh!" She said hugging me, I laughed and thanked her.

"You already know we turnin' up tonight- well slight turn up cause yah know," she pointed to her tummy, we giggled.  "You wanna go to the mall after school and pick up a few things? We can catch a movie too- I've been dying to see Creed, the man is blessed honey!" She rambled on, fanning herself.

"I-"

"I know it sounded like a question but it really wasn't,  you don't have much of a choice," She said, making me laugh. "Now come on before we're late to first period, we already done missed too many days as is." She started to walk but I grabbed her arm.

"Wait." She turned and looked at me.

"What is i-" her face softened. "It'll be fine Mel. If he tries to talk to you, just ignore him-either of them...But Karmella, you're my best friend so I'ma tell you straight up. Its been two weeks, you need to talk to him. You've had time to cool off now it's time that you listen to what he has to say.  Now I don't care what the hell you say, I know you miss him. Its written all over yah face. You putting on this front like you good, when I know you not. Talk to him." She said. I sighed and nodding and we began to walk to class.

I sat down in the very front of the classroom, far away from my usual seat, and Kat sat next me. I put my ear buds in and turned on my music. Kehlani's song 'jealous' began to play through the small but loud buds.

Pretty soon I'ma take your phone

Or you should hide it in yo pockets until you get home

Don't wanna see no tweets about the night we shared

Don't wanna hear reasons for it, baby I don't care

You and I both know I'm not just anybody

And I regret bringing yo ass to all those after parties

You enjoyed yourself too much and you ain't barely started

I just can't invest in shit to end up broken-hearted