Chapter(25) Birthday Girl♡

{Okay So I wasn't really feeling the characters' pictures that I chose for certain people so I'm just gonna re-do some of them.. KARMELLA on the side, more to come in the next chapters}

(Also, I'm changing my username to Lay_Lay_T)

Two weeks Later
Friday, February 10th

•Karmella's P.O.V•

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mel Mel happy birthday to you!" I opened my eyes to find Uncle Henry holding a beautiful hot pink and baby blue cake with the number "17" in gold numbers in the center and seventeen other gold and white candles surrounding it. Essy standing next to him.

I smiled, sitting up in my bed and rubbing my eyes.

"Aaawww, thanks you guys," I said kissing Essy's cheek.

"No problem, now make a wish," Uncle Henry said holding the cake over my bed. I thought for a second then blew out the candles. Essynce clapped her hands together followed by Uncle Henry's howling and yay-ing. I laughed.

"C'mon Mel, we have to get ready for school now," Ess pulled me out of bed by my arm.

Uncle Henry laughed,"I'll Leave you guys to it," He said before walking out of my room.

"Go and get dressed first then I'll do your hair okay?" I said, Ess nodded and ran to her room. I walked to the bathroom.

My two weeks of suspension from school was up and today was the day that I could finally go back to school. And to top it off, it's my birthday bitches!

We'd been living with Uncle Henry since the day Ess and I left Preston's. We settled in pretty quickly. He'd gotten our rooms painted and decorated with the stuff we liked and stocked the kitchen with any food we wanted. Aside from the circumstances, it's been hella fun.

I hadn't talked to Preston since the break up.  None of the crew really.  Smokey would occasionally try to come over to talk to me, Preston too, but I would always either tell Uncle Henry to tell them I wasn't here or not answer the door at all. I wasn't ready to talk to them again. Which was one of the reasons I was a little nervous to go to school today.

Katness and I were doing well. She still hadn't told Desmond about the baby yet but planned to soon. She said they were just getting to where they could be in the same room- for a short period of time that is. One or the other would always get up and leave before the awkwardness kicked in. But considering all that's happened between them, that's hell of progress.

Just a few days ago, Marcus had checked himself out of the hospital. I'd went to see him a few times while he was in there and since I'd gotten my new phone we've been keeping in touch. We've grown pretty close. But because of everything that happened, I'll never trust him the way I used too.

He had told me everything about he and Dez and how Dez was his brother. I was surprised at first but it did explain why Dezzy acted the way he did when Marcus was shot. 

Marcus had gotten him a new place, a condo in a nice neighborhood.  It was just a few blocks from Uncle Henry's place. I've seen it but I've never been inside it before.

I was taken out of my thoughts by the vibration of my phone on the bathroom counter. I spit the toothpaste out of my mouth and rinsed my mouth and toothbrush off before picking up my phone and checking the text message. 

Bestfriend: Happy Birthday Babe! You Seventeen now, TURN THE FUCK UPPPPP!!

I laughed at Katnesses dumb ass. I texted her back and finished my hygiene thing before going to my closet.