Salty Serendipity

"Mom, I'm leaving!" , I yelled as I raced down the stairs with my duffel bags and suitcases in tow.

"Madison, sweetie let me get a picture of you by the car," my mom yelled from the top of the stairs.

"Uhhh Mom, I have to be in Malibu by 12:00 they're all waiting for me! I love you but I have to go mom. Don't worry I'll be fine Chris and Suzanna will be there don't worry!" I said as I pecked my mom in the cheek and opened the door to my convertible.

I could finally get on the road and just think. I can't even believe my cousin invited me to spend the summer at a Malibu beach house.

Oh yeah! Silly me! I'm Madison I'm 18 and am currently in the middle of making this the best summer in history. My cousin, Chris won a huge surfing competition and rented out a huge Malibu beach house. He invited some of his friends and my cousin and I to spend the summer as long as we helped work at the local surf shop. Of course I couldn't resist, I mean Malibu, the waves, and surfing I'm living the California 'dream'.

It seems my thoughts got the best of me and I heard the faint sound of honking as I was holding up traffic at a green light. "Hehe sorry". It was 12:00 and I was halfway there. I decided to turn on the radio and my favorite song by the Two Door Cinema Club was on. As I was humming along I got a text from Chris.

Chris: Where r you?

Me: I'm on my way, relax.

Chris: Suzanna and the guys are here, hurry up!!

Me: alright alright see ya

That got me wondering who he invited between the guys. Chris was only a year older than me and Suzanna was a year younger. I took the coastal route driving and it was bright and beautiful as always. The sun's rays illuminating the sky and the faint smell of salt already had me relaxing.

I pulled into the driveway and almost shit my pants the house was insane! Glass panels and window and with an eclectic but beachy theme I was in paradise. I jumped out of my car and jogged to the doorbell. Only 10 seconds later Chris opened the door and I catapulted myself into his arms.

"CHRISSY I MISSED YOU!" I shouted as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Haha it's good to see you too Madison. Are you ready to hang loose, drink, party, and meet your new roommates?" He said.

"I don't know about all that but okay!" I was never one into the whole party scene a book and good ol fashioned movie was enough for me. But I promised myself I would have fun and try to forget about the last few months. I needed to.

My jaw hit the floor the moment I walked in trailing behind Chris this house was freaking huge. I didn't even realize Chris had stopped walking until I ran smack dab into his back letting out an 'oof '.

"Jeez Madison, relax we still have the whole summer. The fun is just beginning", my imbecile of a cousin joked.

"Yeah, yeah whatever doofus" I exclaimed as I hit him in the back of the head. Before he could reply I heard a throat being cleared and turned my head to see my other cousin Suzanna standing there with her arms open.

"SUZY OH MY GOSH I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH YOU LOOK SO NICE HOW HAVE YOU BEEN ITS BEEN SO LONG!" I screamed running into her embrace. She's changed since the last time I saw her 8 months ago. She's taller than me, which isn't uncommon, with tan legs, long blonde hair, a white sundress and hibiscus behind her ear.

"MADISON AHHHHHH I MISSED YOU GOD YOUR SO PRETTY JESUS I'VE BEEN SO GOOD CHRIS HAS BEEN DRIVING ME CRAZY I NEED THIS GIRL TIME", she yelled.

"WAIT WHY ARE WE YELLING?"

"Good point Maddi" she said in a more considerable tone.

After we finished hugging, I hear a door open and in walked in 3 tan, tall and dripping with water guys surfboards in tow. I nearly had a aneurism thinking as to why my cousin's friends were so hot, I don't even think hot is the right term, more like unbelievably spicy.