Sometimes A Soul Needs Saving

In a modest, tan cape cod, a tall, bronze skinned man with strong facial features walked towards his door to see who was knocking. As he opened it, Bliss and Song crashed through, causing him to back up. It was apparent that Bliss struggled to support Song due to the difference in height.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Valor, but Song here, well she," Bliss stammered.

"It's over!" Song yelled on the verge of tears.

"What?" It was the only thing that Mr. Valor could say as he lifted his daughter off the floor with relative ease, guiding her to the living room couch. Bliss had shut and locked the door behind them.

"I lost... and I'm infected," she said trying to hold back tears. "So much for Shadowhunter of the decade," Song began to cry into her hands.

"Song, you can beat this, don't cry," Bliss said softly.

"It's only over if you want it to be." Mr. Valor said. "Song, you have been infected okay, but that doesn't mean that there is no antidote. Every problem has a solution. How do you expect to find it if you don't even try looking? You can't be too great to look for answers. You can't be so great that you reject help. Humble yourself, Song. Don't let this kill you, fight to overcome. Terrible setbacks build the bridge to astounding comebacks." He took a long finger and wiped the lingering tears from his daughter's face. Song nodded and tightly embraced her father.

Bliss felt a pang in her heart and decided to take her leave, "Good night, Mr. Valor, night Song," Bliss said before leaving the Valor residence.

In another part of town, in the depths of a seemingly never ending night, Onyx and Kai sat on Bliss' doorstep. As Bliss approached her house she asked, "So, how did it go? Did you find someone to beat Song?" She pulled her key out of her pocket.

"Yes, no, maybe," Kai responded shrugging his shoulders.

"Is Song alright? Is her dad angry," Onyx asked.

"She feels a little hopeless at the moment, but her dad is working with her. He is not mad at anyone," Bliss explained, "now, can I get in my house?"

"Oh yeah, sorry Bliss," the boys said in unison. They moved from her step and she walked up to unlock her door. Moments later she entered her house and motioned for Kai and Onyx to come in. Bliss was twenty years old and had inherited this quiet house from her late parents. She was sixteen when they died and shortly after she became infected by the dark spirit, Grief. A week later, she was liberated by none other than thirteen year old, Song Valor. Once Bliss had recovered, she joined Song on her mission the close the bridge between dimensions by enlisting the help of her fourteen year old cousin Kai and his good friend, fourteen year old, Onyx. Together they became Team Liberate. That was four years ago. Now, the trio entered into Bliss' home and she locked the door behind them. "So, what's the deal?" She asked.

"Well, we searched seven Mind War training facilities, they were all amateurs. We, also, watched four battles go down, the victors were decent, but they could not beat Song though, they were not quick enough. Onyx and I were going to look at another facility, when this girl, walked up to us. She introduced herself as Free and said, 'Bring Song to me, trust me I can save her.' She wanted us to meet her in the alley where we battled earlier this evening. I have some doubts, we don't know her. We don't even know if she is able to beat us, not to even think about beating Song. This is just a big risk." Kai explained to Bliss.

"We don't have another choice," Onyx said, "it's not like we are going to find another volunteer. Maybe, she knows something that we don't. We should at least let the girl try."

"I agree with Onyx, we should let Free try, I mean how many open volunteers do you expect to get," Bliss reminded her cousin.

Kai sighed, then nodded in agreement.