Chapter 1 - Kidnapped to Be a Princess?

Chapter One - Kidnapped to Be a Princess?

*Rayne's POV*

"You are such a jerk!" I yelled at Trevor. I turned and stormed out of the club that he'd dragged me to.

"Rayne, calm down." He followed me.

"Calm down?" I spun around to face him. "You know what? You're sick. Ugh, I can't believe I was gullible enough to fall for your stupid act. You are what you are and I should have never tried to change you." I shook my head and ran away.

"Rayne, these streets are dangerous!" Trevor yelled, running after me.

I stopped, but I didn't turn around, "Like you care." I ran down a dark alley. I hid along the walls as Trevor came through.

"Rayne, I do care." Trevor called. "Please, come out."

I remained silent. I was so furious with him.

"Rayne," his voice started to sound worried, "Rayne, are you okay?"

Suddenly, someone wrapped their arm around my waist and pressed a hand against my lips. "Do not move." A man whispered in my ear. He had a strong British accent. "And don't make a sound."

I got scared and nodded. Trevor was right there, within my reach. I could get his attention, but I didn't want him to get hurt. Trevor had hurt me, but I didn't want revenge. Not like that.

"Rayne?" Trevor sighed.

The man pulled me out of the alley, keeping his hand over my mouth and never giving me the chance to scream.

I saw Trevor turn and walk in our direction. The man threw me into a car and drove off. I saw Trevor through the window, but he couldn't see me. The windows were too tinted. He shook his head and I read his lips as he said, "I guess she went home."

No! I'm in here... I tried to roll down the window, but the button wouldn't work. Dang it, I'm stuck.

There was glass between the back of the car and the front of the car. I banged on it until my hands started to ache. I fell back against the seat. I started to panic. I was stuck in a tight space and no one knew I was missing. Trevor thought I went home and my parents would be on a business trip for the next two weeks. I laid down on the backseat and took slow deep breaths until I passed out.

When I woke up, I was lying on a large bed. There was a guy sitting in a chair staring at me with beautiful light green eyes. I sat up, wondering where I was when it all flooded back to me. I'd been kidnapped and the man staring at me was probably my kidnapper.

"Where am I?" I asked him.

"Does it matter? At least you're alive." He replied. He had that British accent that I remembered from last night.

"What do you want from me?"

"Nothing."

"So... I can go home?"

"Sorry, it doesn't work that way." He gave me an apologetic smile.

"What do you mean?"

"It's not as bad as you think."

My heart sank. "I-I don't understand."

The door opened and a tall man wearing a fedora stepped into the room. "Hello, Princess."

"Are you delusional? I'm no princess." I looked at him as if he were a lunatic.

"You are now." he chuckled, stepping forward.

I didn't reply to that.

"What is your name?" He stood in front of me.

"Ra-Rayne," I stuttered.