How I feel about you

"Lucas do you know why do I like you?" She asks, her blonde hair in a curled ponytail, I don't say a word.

"Lucas, I can tell you why Ranger Rick. You are tough and strong. When you show your Texas side you are so attractive, and when I realized I had no hope chasing someone clearly not interested, I started to develop feelings for you. I knew you felt the same when we almost kissed." Maya smiles, then nudges me like she wants me to speak, but I'm speechless, she doesn't like me for being me, she likes the Texas part of me, the part I want to avoid. "So...what do you like about me?"

I've dreaded that question, "You are gentle, a blonde beauty, and I'm afraid of you, have I told you that?" She giggles, I smile, "And you are funny and care about your friends"

"And you." She touches my hand, "I really like you Lucas, but you have never said once you liked me," I look back. "I know you like me, and when your ready to face your feelings to me, I'm here. Goodnight Lucas." She says, gathering her things and leaving.

I look down on my phone.  Maybe if I hurry I can go to Riley's!

...............

I run down the street as fast as I can, my watch says 7:35, her dad won't let me see her after 8:00 I have to get there!

I run up the fire escape at 7:42 when I hear voices, Farkle!