Chapter 2

Tonks had some time off, and after an accident in my office, so did I.

"What happened?"

I looked at her, as I read the letter. I worked in the Ministry, and apparently there had been an incident with Ron.

"Something to do with Ron losing his temper. Apparently I'm lucky I wasn't there, my office was trashed along with some other damage in the department."

I handed her the letter and her hair turned bright red. OK, I shouldn't have given her that. I took it off her, and she looked at me.

"I never liked that idiot."

That made me laugh, they had gotten along reasonably well. Even with him being a complete and utter idiot.

"You used to get along. Although, I think you like about as much as I do now."

It's been a few days since we admitted how we felt. She's staying here for a while, and seems to be feeling better. Considering, everything that she's gone through.

"Yeah, you said he accused of cheating didn't you?"

Oh great, how the Hell do I explain this?

I nodded, sitting on the couch next to her. I threw the letter on the table and looked at her.

"Yeah, he did .................... With you."

Her hair was going through so many changes, I was having trouble keeping up.

"Nym, you're making me dizzy with the changes. Slow down."

She looked at me, and her haired turned bright purple. She didn't say anything, for a few minutes. I was beginning to worry, when she spoke.

"Is that ......... Is that why you freaked out and started screaming at him?"

I shook my head. It was the fact he was actually accusing me of cheating on me, not who. Yes, it was a shock, but I'd had enough of his constant complaining.

"It's not who he was accusing of cheating with. It was the fact he was accusing me of cheating, at all. I don't know why I ever dated him, at least you actually listen to me. Even if I just want to rant, you'll listen. Even if I do get dizzy with all the"

"Yeah, yeah. You know what happens when I get pissed off."

That made me laugh. When she got pissed off, her hair changed colour pretty fast.

"Yeah, you know it doesn't bother me. I can read your mood by your hair colour, but pink has to be my favourite. I"

"My mum prefers the blonde."

I knew that, but I still preferred the pink. Her hair had stopped changing colours and gone back to purple.

"Better?"

She nodded, taking a deep breath. She was fidgeting and I took her hand. She squeezed my hand and looked at me.

"Sorry. I can't believe he trashed your office."

I was just glad I wasn't there. But, I was surprised he hadn't turned up here. I was dreading when he did. One thing I knew about Tonks was that threatening people she cared about was a big mistake. She wasn't exactly rational in that situation.

"Yeah. Don't worry about that though. At least I have some time off."

That made her smile. She relaxed and put her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah. Hey, can I ask you something?"

I didn't say anything, and she continued.

"Are you OK with me keeping the"