"Fell over. My hand fell on a shard of wood. I am surprised it didn't get infected."

"I can see you are reading the medical book. I hadn't thought of that."

"Yeah. If I know next time how to stop a bleeding wound, avoid infection. It would help. You wouldn't be hurt. Let's just hope the serum will make you better."

"Yeah."

You offered Steve some food. He declined.

"I really think you should eat something. You can't get better if your starving. I will also be deeply offended if you don't try my home-made baguette."

"You made the baguette?" He asked.

"Yeah, well I always thought the actual ones from the 'boulangerie'. You should try it. It's very French though."

"You think I can't taste baguette because I am American."

You raised your hands in the air as if to say 'I surrender'.

Steve grabbed the baguette and split in two. He offered you half.

"You are quite the gentlemen."

You took a bite of your own bread. Sadly, it was cold. You almost scolded yourself for not having heated it again. Your teeth sunk through the bread.

You looked up and saw that Steve had eaten the whole thing.

"Not hungry? Until you know it's baguette."

"That was the most amazing thing I've ever tasted."

"Well in my time, French cuisine is never second best."

"I can see why."

"You know what? I am really going to be bored to death if we stay in here. Me reading. You sleeping. So let's go into Stark's kitchen and pepare lunch. French style."

"I am all for it." He said.

You helped Steve out of bed. You then realized he was only in his pj's witch happened to be boxers.

You made him sit on the bed. Pulled out some clothes you judged to be his size. Then you quickly exited the room, blushing madly.

Steve took a few minutes to change. He opened the door and Steve walked out.

The serum Steve would be taller than you but pre serum Steve was shorter.

His clothes were rather big because they could only be serum Steve's.

You helped him walk to the kitchen. He would protest that he could walk and that he didn't want to trouble you but you just said no and walked him.

"Here we are. After a long and incredible journey, Steve Rogers and his friendly French friend stride into the hall of the Gods. Or that just the fancy way of saying we arrived in the kitchen."

Steve laughed. He sat on a chair in the kitchen.

"First, bread. Were are you?"

You opened closets but none of them seemed to hold any bread.

"Jarvis, where's the bread?" Steve asked.

"I believe their is no more."

You sighed unhappily. "How do you live without bread?"

"We get around O.K."

"So let's make some. Enough for today and tomorrow."

"I'll get the ingredients."

He grabbed them and put them all on the counter.

"Great now to make the perfect croque-monsieur you need ham, cheese and butter."