Meeting new people

As she stepped through the huge oak doors and into the dining room Lydia took a good look around. There was a huge pine table at the very back of the room, where the principal and all the staff sat down to eat. She was looking around for a place to sit down when a girl skipped through the doors behind her.

She was wearing black tights with a green, black and white Scottish skirt,

A white paint splattered shirt, and a bright green leather jacket and elf shoes. She had dark brown hair with blue, purple, green and red dip dyed ends. Being layered, it made her look rough, and her wavy full length fringe covered her bright green eyes. She looked as if she had never been in the sun, she was so light, but she had freckles, for some reason. Her make up was brilliant. Almost humanly impossible. Her mascara was thick, with absolutely no clots. Her eyeliner made her look like cleopatra, and her eye shadow was green.

As she bounced up she said 'Hi! My name is Reece. What's yours?'

'Lydia. Lydia Darcy.' She replied as "Reece" shook her hand enthusiastically. 'Oh! So your in my room! Come sit with us. Each dormitory has its own table.'

Reece led her to a table closest to the window with the best view. 'Girls this is Lydia. Lydia, this is Skye and Melody.' Lydia stared at all the girls. 'So, what are you?' Asked a girl with white, layered hair. ( that must be Skye, she thought) 'what do you mean?'

'Well they usually put the "unusual" people in one dorm. What are you?' Skye asked. 'I don't understand.' Lydia finally said. 'Well, Reece is a vampire, Tahlia is a psychic, and I'm a mermaid.' She whispered.

'Why are are you whispering?' Lydia replied. 'Isn't it obvious? If anyone other than the teachers new the whole school would go crazy and WE would get expelled. So, what are you?'

'Well, I guess we have something in common.' Said Lydia, sliding into the chair next to Skye.

As she sat down Lydia took in the girls appearance. It was usually the first thing she did. This is what she mentally write down:

Skye: girl next door elegant

Halter top mullet dress midnight blue skirt, white top, White gladiator shoes

Blue eyeshadow diff shades,mascara

Layered white hair part on the side, diamond studs and necklace, pure white skin, sea blue-green eyes.

Suddenly a voice cried out 'I'm back with the food, and no Reece, there wasn't any chocolate fudge pudding.' A girl said, rolling her eyes before Reece could ask.'and you must be Lydia.' She added, nodding at Lydia. 'Yeah. How did you know?'. All the girl answered with was a small smirk.