Kate.

Grace.

Those two words, their names, and the wonderful sound they made in my head, were already enough to calm me down again. Because they were waiting for me. I knew, they were waiting for me. And within a heartbeat, I could be with them again, within the glimpse of a second.

But curiosity had somehow drawn me to this world, I couldn't completely let go of. Although, there was nothing left on this side that would have been worth my attention at all. Well, that sounded harsh, indeed, regarding the fact that my father and loving sister, my best friend and the woman who (somehow) managed to save my miserable life were still remaining on this side of the world. Not that they wouldn't have been worth to watch out; no, quite the opposite in fact. I loved them, each of them; even my father, albeit it was probably the weirdest and most complicated kind of love I had ever felt.

Uttering a sigh, I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked up to the colorful sky, watching the sun go down above the horizon, about to cover the world in the darkness of the night.

Yes, this world was beautiful. In its own and special way it was. And part of me would always miss this; friends and family, nature and its beauty. But that was nothing compared to the magical place I was now allowed to spend the rest of my so called life with the people I loved the most.

And not even the man that I could now regard closer, who was still observing me with his piercing eyes, could ever take that away from me. Standing there in the sunlight with his black suit and tie, and a white buttoned shirt, arms crossed in front of his chest.

I should have taken a deep breath. Should have taken a deep breath and walked away. Retrospectively, that has always been the best solution if I got angry. Yet, I still hadn't learned anything.

"Hey!", I yelled at him, clenching my fists as I quickened my pace, "What do you want? Has no one ever told you it was rude to stare at other people?"

Unimpressed as he was, he didn't even offer a slightest reaction to my words, simply remaining in his spot.

"Do you hear me?", I asked angrily, still walking towards him.

But he just blinked a few times before his gaze focused on the man who was still fighting for his life. And as I had almost reached him, already reaching out for him, he simply vanished, disappeared, making me pause immediately.

Where did he go? I didn't know.

Quickly looking around, I tried to find him. Desperately. But as much as I kept searching, he was nowhere to be seen.

"Robert!", a drawly voice rang in my ears like someone would have been standing right next to me, shouting at me.

Immediately, I ducked, trying to escape the voice that was now echoing in my head all over again, ringing in my ears. All I wanted was to escape this demanding voice that- eventually- brought me to my knees.

"Robert!"

Just like an echo, repeating all over again, slowly ebbing away.

I closed my eyes, internally praying for it to deceive, go away; covering my ears with my hands to shut everything out.

"Who are you?", I asked fearfully, trying to find him who had just scared the hell out of me, "What do you want from me?"

But as a new kind of pain- and by new I was talking about a completely different kind of pain than I've been used to. Not the mental pain I had definitely endured for too long during my past and painful life; and- although it was another sort of pain inside of my chest- it still felt different from my tumor pain. I didn't even really know how to explain, everything just felt so strange, unreal, new. In a negative way. It was simply-- Everything hurt. Starting in my chest but soon reaching into my toes. Everything hurt, every cell and every bone and every muscle of my body hurt; some kind of electricity constantly sending shocks through my veins.