Chapter 1

The door opened quietly and closed with a small click. I didn't bother turning around, only two people ever visit me. The lady who helps me get my memories back and Johanna, she has been a massive help. She knows everything about me so she tells the scientist who then decides if it will provide me with a memory or not.

Johanna Mason is my best friend. Every time I get a memory back all the emotions that come with it come back too. I remember 10 years ago when I woke up from the darkness. There is no heaven, or hell. Just darkness, everywhere. A lot of nothing. When I first woke up Johanna was there.

I sat up and I didn't remember anything. I could remember things about myself like my name, birthday and what I looked like but I didn't know anything. I saw a girl who jumped up and hugged me. I had no idea who she was. That was when they said I had amnesia, it's when you don't know anything. I had died, that much I knew, so I didn't know why I was back.

Sitting up I saw a wall lined with weapons and memories came flooding back. It was painful but I managed. I could remember the girl with the red hair, I remembered training with her. Myself throwing knives and Johanna with her axe.

They soon realised that I could get my memories back, so that's what they've been doing to me for 10 years. I remember the order that I got my memories back in. First was Johanna, then the games, then Cyrus, Finnick, Mum, Dad, and Haymitch was last. The I remembered places, like district 4, all the other places I went on my victory tour, the Capitol, my house. Everything came running back and after 10 long years I know everything. Not a detail left out.

" so Addy, they're sending you home now "

I nod slowly and weakly. I knew I was going home, I missed Finnick, district 4. I missed my life. However, Johanna wouldn't be in four with me. She was going home too, she's been living in the Capitol with me since they found the technology to bring me back. She's also the only one that knows I'm alive.

" Hey Jo? "

I ask. I'm really nervous about going home, I think she can tell by the way my head droops.

" mmmmmmm? "

She makes a noise with her mouth closed.

" Do you think Finnick moved on? Got married? Had a family? I know I would have wanted him to, and I'm happy as long as he is but still...."

I ask. I'm really scared about that because it definitely could have happened. Johanna is staring at me now, worry clear in her brown eyes.

" I don't know Addy, I don't talk to him anymore, it's been 10 years. He keeps trying but I feel guilty talking to him when I know you're alive "

I nod sympathetically. It must be hard, they were close but Finnick couldn't know I was alive. That would be disastrous.

" The first thing I'm doing when I get back is to visit him, I want to know "

Johanna nods at me briefly before the door opens again. It closes gently with a click and the scientist lady stands at the door. It's time to go girls, you'll be on your way home in half and hour. She escorts us from the room and we leave the presidential mansion. Many people live here, and the Capitol was overthrown, however we still needed someone to lead us after the rebellion. So we have president Paylor, she is a great leader. We need a Capitol, however it is just like the districts. Food is spread evenly and the games were over.

We board the train at the station and it soon pulls out.

" the last time I was on this train I was heading to the quarter quell "

I say quietly. Johanna looks at me, it's only us and some people who work on the train here. We smile sadly at each other, both of us have been through so much.

" In 6 hours we should reach district 4, then we will continue to district 7 unless you wish to stay at district 4 Miss Mason. "

A worker announces to us. We both thanks him and settle down on the couch to watch some TV. They were showing ceremonies and celebrations in the different districts. It is nearing the end of the week, it's Thursday and Monday was the day that the rebellion begun, 10 years ago. The day the arena blew up and I died.

It's so weird thinking that I was once dead. Drifting through the darkness that I remember all too well. It seemed like I was only there for seconds but in reality it was almost a year.

I fall asleep on the couch, praying I wouldn't have any nightmares. Soon after I fell asleep the monsters that haunt me arrived and a nightmare begun.

I was running. There were beetles everywhere and I was running as fast as I could. I was about to become mince. The beetles slowly shredded at my legs as I ran, trying desperately to escape. I passed through something that stopped the beetles. I looked down at my ankles that were mangled, bloody and raw. I continued to walk. I knew what came next I had been here before. I heard a twig snap and turned around plunging a knife in to Wolff's chest but it wasn't Wolff. It was Finnick, I wasn't in the arena anymore. I was in the bush that surrounded the edges of district four. Finnick looked down at the knife and pulled it out.

" why did you do this to me, I loved y—

I wake up screaming, shaken awake by Johanna. She sighs when I wake up and lies back down on the couch.

" We get to district 4 in 10 minutes, what were you dreaming about? "

She asked nosily. Always prying her nose in to other people's business. I shake my head and wait for the train to get to 4. It pulls in to the station and I look at Johanna.

" Sorry Addy, but it's time I went home too "

She smiles sadly as she embraces me in one last hug.

" I'll call you, yeah? "

She nods at me and I slowly disembark the train. I can smell the sea water, I can see it! Lost in the excitement I run towards the beach with my small bag in my hand. I get weird looks from people, most of them look like they've just seen a ghost. I guess they sort of have.

I jump of the dock where I always used to swim and swim around. Some people clap and when I climb out an old lady walks up to me.

" I haven't seen someone swim like that since Adriana Moore was here "

She croaks out. I smile at her and thank her. Leaving the docks I walk to wards my new home. When I get there I gasp in shock, tears falling from my eyes.

It was my old home, the one I lived in with Mum and Cyrus! It had been restored to its former glory and I made a mental note to thank Paylor next time I saw her. I went in and put my small bags in my old room. In it was a small slip of paper with Finnick's new address, Johanna had gotten it off Haymitch who visited him sometimes.

Time to go and find my man.