Prologue

~

To: Billie Clyde
From: Jeffery Jones Abrams
Subject: Application Response

Dear Billie,

Hey Bil, nice to see you're finally looking to do something with your life!

Oh, and surprise! I'm the director of the newest Star Trek movie. Yup, JJ's up there with the big boys.

Anyways, just wanted to say that you got the job, (and no, it's not because I've known you your whole life) your application genuinely interested the rest of the team.

Congrats! Meeting at mine on Monday with the rest of the crew, we have some casting to do.

With Love,
JJ

~

Billie Clyde held the printed email tightly in her grip as she approached JJ's house. She didn't really need it, but she thought it might come in handy when people started doubting her abilities. (She wouldn't actually fight back, but gripping the paper might calm her anger)

She knocked lightly on the door, and patted her hair down as the light pattering of footsteps could be heard making their way through the door.

The door was flung open by an over enthusiastic JJ, who had a huge grin plastered over his face as he pulled her inside.

"Hey JJ!" Bille smiled, hugging her long time friend gently. "It's been so long, I wondered what you'd been up to in the last few years." She pulled away and the pair began to make their way through the hall into the living room, catching up briefly on everything they'd missed. Several men and women were already seated and they politely stood as the duo entered.

"Billie, meet the rest of the gang. Gang, meet my slightly demented friend Billie." Everyone muttered a polite hello before seating themselves again. Billie placed herself between JJ and an unfamiliar face. She turned to the female and smiled warmly.

"Billie Clyde, Assistant Director." She held out her hand and firmly shook hers. She nodded and smiled.

"April Webster, Casting Director along with Allysa over there." She turned and pointed to another woman who sat on the other side of JJ, deep in conversation with him. "You seem to be good friends with Jeffery, have you known him for a while?" She asked, turning back to face Billie.

"All my life, he was there minutes after my birth and hasn't left since. He gets annoying sometimes, but he feeds me, so I keep him around."

"I feel the same about my brother, nasty little shit he is, but he's a great source of information, much better than Wikipedia." The man sitting two seats down from April added, holding out his hand.

"Gormley, Tommy Gormley, I was first AD, but was bumped down to second when you were introduced." Billie shook his hand.

"Apologies, I had no idea the space was already full."

"No problemo, I frankly couldn't care any less." Their attention was drawn towards JJ who stood and waved his hands around to get everyone's attention.

"Hi everyone. If you didn't know already, I'm Jeffery, but you can call me JJ, and I'm the director of this movie. Now, I'm going to be blunt and get straight to the point, casting this movie is going to be tricky, it might be almost impossible..." JJ continued to drone on but Billie wasn't paying full attention, she was too excited.

She looked around at the group of obviously talented people surrounding her, she would have to work hard to prove her worth.

This was going to be an incredible couple of years.

__________________________

Hey guys! This is my new Chris Pine/OFC story, and I plan for it to go through the entire length of filming for the first Star Trek Reboot. There also may be snippets of casting and script finalizing, like when Billie and Chris first meet, and Billies thoughts on the casting, crew, script etc.

I hope you enjoy!

~mxrveltrash