||EIGHT||

Josh was taking me to Cedar Point.

Thoughts rush through my mind as I stare at Tyler who was in on the whole thing.

I had never been to Cedar Point or any amusement park, really.

"Josh! Are you serious!?" I almost scream as we pull into the parking lot.

I look over at Josh who was smiling like he just accomplished something huge.

Josh parks his car and we all hop out.

Josh starts walking towards the coasters where we could buy our tickets.

I jump on his back and he laughs.

"Thank you, Josh," I whisper into his ear.

"Your welcome," he says and smiles back at me.

"Um guys are we going to buy tickets or just like walk in?" I hear Tyler's small voice coming from behind us.

Josh and I laugh as we realize we had just walked in without buying tickets.

This isn't something I would normally do. I am in a daze. Josh was distracting me. His eyes and his smile fades what is really happening.

We buy our tickets and Josh, Tyler, and I all walk over to the first roller coaster we see.

The Dragster.

Probably not the best one to start out with, considering I've never been on a roller coaster.

Whatever. I'm not going to let my inexperienced self stop me from having fun today.

Today is going to be amazing. That's what I would used to say every morning before I went to school in my junior year of high school.

That was never the case. Every day would be worse. More bullying happened everyday. More cuts would appear on my body.

Today is going to be different. It is going to be one of the best days I have had in a while.

I am spending it at Cedar Point with a boy that I um... like. Yeah like, that's right.

-

The whole rest of the day was amazing. And I'm not ever reacting. Josh was the sweetest and payed for free all-day passes and all of our food.

Tyler and I are good friends now that we have got to learn a little about each other.

Now, I am shaking in the long line of The Dragster.

It is our turn next and I can hear Tyler freaking out behind me.

I turn around to laugh at him, but I am equally as scared.

"Our turn next," Josh says to me.

"Yeah," I say listening to all of the screams piercing the mildewy weather.

I watch the people that were just on the ride hop off, looking like they had just been tricked into something they never wanted to do.

"You ready?" Josh asks openly to both Tyler and I.

I slowly nod as Tyler shakes his head no.

My stomach lurches as I buckle my seat belt and I know there is no turning back now.

I look over at Tyler who it silently whispering to himself that it will be okay. His eyes are set on the back of some kid sitting in front of us.

Why are we all making such a huge deal about this? For fun? Trying to scare each other? I don't know, but I like it.

I am in the middle of Tyler and Josh. I think Tyler might throw up.

"Ty, are you okay?" I ask and look at him. His eyes don't leave the kid in front of us.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he says.

"Mkay..." I say looking over at Josh.

He didn't seem scared at all.

We all sit there until the red light turns yellow.

Red. Yellow. Green.

I feel a big hand hit my forehead as Josh pushes my head back into the seat.

I would have banged my head up against the seat.

I look over to Josh and smile, "thank you," I say yelling over the loud noise of the coaster.

Next to us, Tyler was screaming like a little girl.

We are about 10 feet away from the top.

"Here we go..." Josh mumbles and shakes his head.

Right when we get to the very top and we are about to get dropped over the edge, Josh asks a question that makes the whole world stop.

"Sydney, will you be my girlfriend?" I hear Josh yell next to me.

Everything seems to stop. Except for Tyler's screaming and Josh's question, everything fades away.

Did Joshua Dun Josh ask me out?

He did.

My stomach feels like it's in my throat as we fall don't the huge coaster.

When we stop, I can feel that my hair is all messed up and I look over at Tyler who was laughing so hard.

"Yes. Josh yes," I say to him and he smiles back at me.

Once the coaster stops, I try to stand up but fail miserably as Josh holds onto my forearms trying to balance me.

We walk out of the coaster car hand in hand.

This love is going to be a heck of a ride.