1

Caspian walked out of the council room as he headed towards the great hall for dinner. He heard festive music play as he smiled, happy to see his people happy. He laughed and joined in the merriment for quite some time until a servant came with a piece of parchment.

"It's from Aslan." He spoke quietly.

Caspian nodded and bid farewell to his guests heading to where Aslan would most likely be. He saw the lion on top of a hill, staring at the horizon as the stars twinkled. He quickly climbed up the hill and immediately bowed to show great respect.

"Rise Caspian." Aslan spoke as he did so.

"You called for me Aslan?"

"Indeed I did. I have a matter to discuss with you. " Caspian motioned for him to continue.

"You have been ruling greatly for quite some time now, and I think it's time that you...seek a betrothed..." Aslan worded as best he could trying not to make the king nervous.

Caspian choked on his drink "you mean marriage?? I'm not ready for that! It's only been a few months-"

"You are of age, and a king always needs a queen." Aslan advised.

"But..." Caspian said quietly

"What is it young king? What is that troubles you so?" Aslan spoke as Caspian looked down at the ground finding it very interesting.

"I always wanted to get married, have kids, grow old.." Caspian began

"But I thought it would be with Susan...." He whispered quietly.

"You're still in love with her." Caspian nodded as the Great Lion sighed. "Susan has left for the real world where she will fulfill her destiny. It's time for you to move on. "

"And you think getting married will solve it?" Caspian asked

"I believe you will heal. " Aslan stepped forward "Just because it's time to get married, doesn't mean that it has to be an arranged and forced marriage, you can choose anyone you like and have time to get to know each other. "

"Alright then." Caspian nodded "I guess I can give it a shot."