An Ode to Freddy

Freddie Mercury

"Who wants to live forever" sang Freddie Mercury along with fellow band mate Brian May and while he did not last too long, he created a legacy which should last "forever". Probably the last true master of the art of Arena Rock, Farrokh Bulsara aka Freddy Mercury is one of the greatest stage performers the world has seen.

Blessed with the exceptional ability to hold the audience "in the palm of his hand", Mercury was a performer extraordinaire and it was on stage where he came alive with his flamboyant persona and outlandish antics. One of the great(est) rock vocalist, the multi-talented Mercury also occasionally played the piano and guitar apart from penning some of the most enduring rock classics with his band Queen. But it was with the microphone in hand that Freddie enthralled many, his powerful voice making him a “Rock God” and winning him and his band millions of followers. While his band mates were gifted musicians in their own right, so great was Mercury's persona (and theatrics) that he eclipsed them all.

In frail health towards the end of his life but still participating in his Bands work, Mercury took an untimely "bow" from life at age 45 in 1991 brought on by AIDS, which he only publicly announced a day earlier, which like few before him cut short a remarkable carrier. Long live the legacy of Freddie Mercury and Queen…………."Champions of the world"......

We are the champions - At Live Aid 1985
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vofSgnnnIrI