Tied Together

It's one of those chilly nights here in new York. Yes you read right, New York.  About 2 years after the show ended, ross and I decided it would be a good decision to move here seeing as we both love the snow and chilly weather & enjoy the big apple with a passion. Tonight was one of the nights I would stay up late waiting for ross to get home from his hockey practice. R5 is still going strong, but with Ross being so far away, Rydel and Ratliff expecting a little one, Riker engaged and Rocky living the life traveling, its a bit hard to stay as a band.

I could tell ross was upset about that. Working so hard at achieving your dream so long for it to end up so ... ruined was something very upsetting. They were always coming up here for a visit or we would go visit them but not having the people you grew up with close to you is sad. Now ross & I? we are better then ever. We dated some people before we decided that we wanted to be together. I can tell that being with Andrew was nothing than what it is being with ross. Ross is so romantic and sweet and some how, some way, he always finds a way to surprise me despise the 3, long years we've been together. We have something special.

I'm drifted away from my thoughts as I hear the door knop jiggling. Ross is home. 10:46
the clock reads. Wow he's earlier than usual. I stand up ready to greet him, he comes in throwing his jacket on the couch before coming over to me, " hi babe, how was practice?" I give him a quick peck before giving him a hug, snuggling into his chest. 3 years have passed and I'm still short as ever. "it was ok. Josh tripped on the ice so we had to send him home. twisted ankle." he sighs, rubbing smooth circles on my back.

"Mmm. well, tonight you came early so how about we sit down and eat some dinner together?" I smile up at him. "sounds great" he pecks my lips. "Why don't you go get it ready while I go get a nice warm shower. its freezing outside and my feet feel sore." he smiles back at me.

We let go off each other, me hitting his beautiful ass as he heads to the bathroom. He throws his head back letting out a heartily laugh, "I thought I was the one who did that to you in this relationship" he laughs. I smile, "oh shush you've done it enough. Now, go take that shower. You stink." I swoosh him away as he sticks his tongue out at me.

I let out a chuckle before going in to the kitchen, soon putting the food in the microwave. Drifting away to my thoughts again, I think about the times ross and I were avoiding each other. It was around the time Courtney and him were dating and Andrew and I had just recently broken up. I couldn't figure out why whenever I would call ross he wouldn't answer. Whenever I called delly or stormie and asked them to speak with him, all I would get was that he didn't 'feel like talking'. It hurt you know. one moment your spending 4-5 years with your best friend and the next you're ignoring each other even if you were both in the same room. My thoughts go back to that one night in January. The cast and crew of Austin and ally + our families had all reunited once again to watch the finale of the show together.

That was the first time I saw ross and the rest without Courtney tagging along. Ross had explained to everyone that they had broken up because she wanted to go back to Australia and they didn't like the long distance. Is it bad that I had felt relief and happiness in my heart that night? Yet ross and I were still not talking. After a few hours once the finale had started, everyone was in tears cause it was getting to the final scene where Austin and ally leave with their daughter and son, looking back at the music factory where all their memories will remain forever. I saw ross get up from his seat, going to the backyard so I saw that as my chance.

***********FlashBack**********

I wipe the tears off my eyes, quickly and silently following ross to the backyard. Once I get there I see him sitting on one of the lounge chairs. I quietly take a seat next to him "hey" I speak first. He looks up, "hey" he mutters. "how have you been" I say, a small smile playing on my lips. "Mmm good. You?" he says finally looking at me.