Chapter 15

(Name) stared nervously at the male. He was intimidating in his own way, with his gigantic mess of fur covering his back and a scary looking horned mask. But for some reason, (Name) felt relaxed and calm around him.

The male stepped slowly towards (Name), as if trying to take a closer look at her. Meanwhile, the squirrel wasted no time in jumping onto her shoulder. (Name) had her back to the wall as the male stretched out a hand to feel her slightly purplish hair.

"Kokuryuu..." A whisper escaped his lips and (Name) sighed. Not another one.

"You have the wrong person! I'm not Kokuryuu or anything..." She laughed nervously, her face slightly blushing from the closeness.

A soft cough caused the both of them to turn sharply towards the entrance of the stone room, where a slightly excited Yona and a glaring Yoon stood. "Are we interrupting something?"

In a split second, the male grabbed his sword and crouched in a battle position, pointing the sword at Yona, with (Name) behind him.

"This is bad, Princess! I'm calling Kija." Yoon panicked and started patting Yona's shoulder, only to be ignored by her. Yona's eyes caught sight of the squirrel on the ground, and she picked it up happily.

"What's this little fella's name?" She asked, as the squirrel chewed on her earring.

After a duration of silence, he finally answered. "... Ao."

"Oh, he answered." Yoon sweat-dropped.

"It doesn't fit him at all."

"Meet him halfway, Princess!"

"Thank you for helping me earlier. I'm Yona. What's your name?"

"... The Sei...ryuu..."

"Your name. That's not your own name, is it?"

"...Don't have... a name... just... the Seiryuu..." His speech was slow and careful, as if he had not spoken to people in a very long time.

Yona took a step towards him, and the sword was immediately swung in her direction, only inches from her face.

"Stay away!" The Seiryuu ordered. "Who are you people? Why have you come to this village?! Whay are you approaching me?! Why is that white dragon..."

"I ... came here in order to meet you." Yona replied calmly, unfazed by the blade. "Seiryuu. I want you to loan me your power. I want you to come with me."

Seiryuu seemed to blank out for a moment, before he suddenly yanked at Yona's coat and pointed the blade at her neck.

"Enemies...Those who desire the power of Seiryuu... are enemies!" He shouted, his hand trembling. After a short while, he let go, slouching slightly from his sudden outburst.

"Seiryuu, I'm not your enemy. I'm searching for the four dragons so my companions and I can continue living." Yona extended her right hand towards him. "I want to welcome you as a friend."

Yona's words froze him for a second, before he lowered his head.

"I am cursed. So this power must never know of the outside. It's a destructive power. I won't use the power of these eyes again."

"So you're saying you won't go? No matter what?"

"... Leave." A soft command came from the Seiryuu, louder the clearer the second time. "Leave."

As (Name) watched Yona and Yoon leave, she felt a small sting in her chest. The Seiryuu had probably been here his whole life, with no name, no family, no friends. He didn't even have anything in the room that might have been necessary to a human's survival. Was he eating properly? Was he getting proper sleep?

The sitting Seiryuu watched silently as (Name) approached him and kneeled down in front of him. His eyes widened when her arms snaked around him, pulling him into an embrace. He wondered what he was supposed to do. Two options came to his mind. One was to push the girl away, but he subconsciously chose the second one, which was to return the hug. It feels nice. When was the last time I hugged someone?

After some time, (Name) broke away and her hand reaching out to cup his face, her eyes staring at where she assumed was his eyes through the mask.

"Can I remove your mask?" Seiryuu instantly tried to pull away, but (Name) had already lifted the wooden material off.

A pair of beautiful golden eyes stared back at her, enchanting her in every way possible. (Name) felt like she could get lost in those eyes, never finding her way back to reality, and never wanting to.

"Your eyes are beautiful." (Name) breathed as Seiryuu hurriedly covered his face with his hands. "They are nowhere near cursed, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

(Name) smiled and stood up. "I believe you are not cursed, nor destructive. I think you are actually a really gentle person, and Ao can be the judge of that."

Seiryuu wondered what the weird feeling in his stomach was.

All of a sudden, a loud rumble could be heard as the caves started shaking, small stone debris falling into the room. (Name) struggled to keep her balance, and almost fell once, but was caught and supported by Seiryuu.

Holding gently onto (Name)'s wrist, Seiryuu led her through tunnels, until they found a door. As the door opened and Seiryuu emerged, squeals of fear could be heard from the other side.

The villagers turned pale as they slowly backed away from him.

"I-I didn't say anything! I-I was telling the outsiders...!" One of the villagers stuttered, his whole body trembling and cold sweat dripping from his forehead. He couldn't take the pressure anymore when he started screaming. "Stay away, monster! Please don't kill me! Stay away!" With his last plea, he swiped his hand at Seiryuu, knocking his mask onto the ground.

"The mask... Lord Seiryuu's... mask has..." The faces of the villagers whitened even more.

One of the villagers squatted down, his hands on his head. Yoon asked him what was wrong.

"If... if you look into his eyes... you'll turn into stone!" His voice trembled as Seiryuu's eyes narrowed.

"He... He came to kill us."