Chapter 1: The Accident

It was a cold and windy day and you had just managed to pull yourself out of bed for another boring/interesting day at school but you knew you had study and pass the exams to move up to the next grade. You were walking down your street wearing your school uniform and your (F/c) jacket what went up to your hips while you had your (H/c) hair up in a bun with small locks of hair dangling beside your rosy red cheeks. "Hey! (Y/n) wait up!" shouted a familiar voice. It was Hiyori Iki running towards you while waving with a big smile on her face.

You and Hiyori have been the best of friends since you were both young. You were both inseparable. "Hey Hiyori!" you smiled waving back at her while you waited for her to catch up with you. She had finally had court up with you and you both walked to school together. The trip to school was fairy quiet since Hiyori did just come out of hospital after being hit by a bus a couple of days ago. She seemed all right but she had grown more tired and had collapsed randomly a couple of times in the past few days.

The first two lessons of the day were pretty quiet they were usually loud and with people throwing paper plans around the classroom but since the exams were coming up, everyone wanted to knuckle down and pass. It finally lunch time and you were wearing the same jacket you had worn this morning while walking to school. You sat with your other two friends, Yuki and Lucy "Hey guys have you seen Hiyori?" you asked biting down on a sandwich what you had bought at the start of lunch. "She collapsed in Gym this morning! I swear she's staying up too late watching that stupid wrestler she likes so much!" spoke Yuki being slightly stubborn. "Well that's her fault if she's staying up late!" Lucy scolded crossing her arms in annoyance. You sighed and shook your head slightly "Its just since the accident she's been acting differently!" you sighed taking another bite of your sandwich.

"Do you think she's got a boyfriend?" smirked Yuki elbowing you in the stomach. "How am I suppose to know? Anyway Hiyroi doesn't have time for boys! She's been studying her for butt off for the past few days even while she's been in hospital!" you snapped stunning your friends at your little out burst. "Wow did we pull on some of your strings?" wondered Lucy looking a bit concerned for you. You giggled nervously and swiftly apologised not wanting to cause any more trouble. You heard a crash of something, you quickly turn your head to look towards two bins what been knocked over. To your surprise you saw Hiyori but something was odd she had a long pinky purple tail, you blinked for a second and she was gone. You rubbed your eyes to doubled check. Yep she was gone. The bell went and you headed off to your next lesson which was science.

The day went on without any problem but you swear you could of seen Hiyori with a tail at lunch. Luckily just after lunch she had woken up and was well enough to go her lessons. You stood at the gates waiting for Hiyori when something court your attention. You saw a man with dark blue hair, wearing a track suit and aqua blue eyes with a blonde hair teenager, wearing a green coat. You thought they were perverts and wanted to scream but for some reason you couldn't. They noticed you looking at them and you blushed. 'Why the hell am I blushing?!' you thought stilling looking them suddenly they disappeared into thin air. Your jaw dropped open and your widened apart. "(Y/n) are you okay? It looks like you've seen a ghost!" giggled Hiyori coming up behind you. "I swear I just saw a blue haired man, wearing a track suit with this weird scarf type of thing around his neck! Also with a blonde haired teenager!" you replied scratching your head. "Umm..." muttered Hiyori with her mouth slightly apart "I'm sure it was just some dust in your eye!"

"You could be right but the weird thing is... They disappeared into thin air." You shrugged it off. Both you and Hiyori decided to go to the little coffee shop you went to as a kid to do a little of studying before the exam you had the next day.

It had been a few hours since school had finished for the day and you didn't realise how late it. "Umm... Hiyori its six thirty!" you said putting you books back in your bag. "Oh no! I promised to my mum I would be back for five thirty!" panicked Hiyori rushing to put her things in her bag and she flung on her coat and both of you started to walk quickly home. Your mother and father hated you coming home late from school but if it was with Hiyori it would be okay! You had just seen the sun go behind a couple of buildings and before you knew it was dark. The street lights had just come on and both of you just wanted to get home.

You both finally saw the top of your street, "Hiyori before we reach our street I want to ask you something!" you spoke holding onto your black handbag. "Yeah, sure!"
"I know this may sound stupid of me! But were you in the lunch court today, its just I saw you there with a pinky purple tail and nobody seemed to notice you." you replied "I just want to make sure-" Suddenly a red car comes speeding down the road. It seemed to be out of control. Your eyes widened with shocked when you realised it was heading your way. Without thinking you pushed Hiyori out of the way and the car ran into you. You tumbled over the front of the car then the roof then you were on the ground, motionless. You had cuts and bruise all over your body and you were bleeding out of your head heavily.

You painfully moved your head to the right to see Hiyori on the ground but okay and to see the red car crashed into a lamp post. Hiyori shook her head violently to see the horror in front of her. Tears formed in her eyes when she saw you laying in the middle of the road not moving but with your eyes open. She rushed to her feet and threw herself to the ground to next you! "(Y/n)! (Y/n)!" she cried while tears flooded out of her eyes. "Hello, we need an ambulance!" said someone at the side of the rode "Someone has been hit by a car and the driver of the car has hit a lamp post!" holding their phone to their ear. You started to struggle to breathe and Hiyori started to cry even more even though she knew it wouldn't do anything. The sound of sirens coming from the top of the road made the cars around you move to the side. "H-Hiy-ori..." you stuttered "It-it hurts!" starting to have tears form in your eyes. All of a sudden everything goes pitch black. Was this the beginning of the end?