Dark Warfare Chapter 1

---------> Pic of Shock Trooper. Something like dat anyways.

Cover is by WhiteCrown. She's awesome.

Dark Warfare Chapter I

0600 hours,16/7/2200 , Planet Aoen

Empire Shark Class dropship above the western hemisphere.

Pretty planet, mused Sergeant Jason Samuels, If it wasn’t in the middle of a war.

He shifted in his seat, looking out the window of the heavily armoured drop ship.  His radio crackled

"Sergeant, two zero (20)  minutes till we hit the ground. I want your squad to support the marines west of the rebel base. AA guns are preventing the capital ships from landing so you'll have to do this the hard way.” Captain Rogers barked.  "Yes sir." Samuels replied.

Looking around the troop bay, he relayed the captain’s orders.

"Sir are you saying we’re on a support mission? I didn’t think we’d travel through half the galaxy just so we can help some grunts that wail for their mommies just when the fighting gets tough."

Private Julio Vega aka Oso* the heavy weapons of the squad ranted. "Well if you don’t like it you can always talk to Rogers up there" The sergeant grunted.

"Yeah but we’re shock troopers meant to wreak havoc on enemy frontlines. NOT to help some lowly grunts"

"Well private thats the kind of attitude Lieutenant Johns had, remember what happen to him?”  Retorted Corporal Craig Evans, Jason’s second in command.

That shut the private up.

“This is pilot to troop bay, five minutes to drop point.”

Jason checked his gear and slid a magazine into his rifle.

“Alright ladies, you heard the man. Lock it up soldiers.

“Ooh-Rah!!!”

 *Oso is Spanish for bear.

__________________________________________________________

0615 hours,16/7/2200 , Planet Aoen

Rebel Defense trenches west of main base.

We're dead. Was the first thing General James Myers thought when he peered out of the bunker. There were thousands of empire troops everywhere , the sky was black with flashes of guns, missiles, and exploding aircraft.

He was west of the rebel base preparing to repel the 8th Marine Division* that was mounting another assault. So far they hadn't done any real damage but that would change soon wouldn't it?

His radio crackled "All soldiers open fire, enemy marines have breached outer defense trenches . DO NOT let them any closer ,I repeat DO NOT let them any closer"

Shit, Myers observed, we're losing.

Well time to take action can't just sit here and wait to die can I?

He thought.

"Lieutenant!! Get those AA Guns up and firing!!!!!!"

"Roger, AA guns opening up"

“I want an airstrike and some armour over here!!!!”

“Aye, sir.”

He then looked through his binoculars and magnified everything to maximum and peered through them.

"What the ...."

He squinted, then gasped in horror. Looking at them running at inhuman speeds, machine gun rounds bouncing of them, there was no doubt.

The empire had brought in shock troopers, the highly trained soldiers were suited in heavy power armour that could withstand a tank round,

and could rip soldiers into half with their bare hands.

Ohh  god help us. He thought , but he knew deep inside that god on their side or not, this was going to end badly.

*Division =  roughly 10 thousand men.

___________________________________________________________

0730 hours,16/7/2200 , Planet Aoen

West defenses of rebel main base.

Jason ignored the machine guns, though he had dispatched three of his fifteen men to deal with them, his main concern however was the anti air and tank guns and trenches that would hinder the way of heavy troops.

Doubling their speed the squad raced towards their objective. With his heads-up-display (HUD) Jason picked out several dozen targets within range. Raising his weapon he took aim and fired.

Now the Shock Trooper Heavy Tactical Armour (STHTA) has a stabilizer that when activated allowed the soldier within to fire his weapon as accurately as if he was standing no matter how fast he was moving.

This stabilizer is very handy when moving quickly.

Jason's weapon was a AR-52 hostile enviroment assault rifle (HEAR).

It was scoped, and had a clip of 150 bullets. Has a shotgun attached under the barrel for close range. Underneath the shotgun barrel was a clip that was compatiable for a 40mm grenade launcher or for a 12 inch combat knife. Nobody could lift it without using the armour. All in all, a very devastating weapon.

He fired in 10 shot bursts, firing off half the clip , all of the bursts found their targets. Jumping into a trench he grabbed a soldier and threw him into the air.

Raising his weapon the emptied the clip. When he was done the entire section of trench he attacked was littered with dead or dying soldiers.

He heard the thud of bullets hitting his back, turning to find several soldiers kneeling or crouching all of them firing their weapons at him.

He launched himself at them, ripping apart the first one and using his hands to smash two them, cracking their skulls. The rest tried to retreat but he raised his weapon and fired on full automatic shotgun.

He then reloaded. Spotting a platoon* of rebels He raised his rifle and launched a grenade. It exploded right in front of the first squad. The explosion killed or wounded 9 men**.

He then fired his rifle on full automatic. Using up the whole clip. When he was done only 7 men were still able to move. And only 2 of them could walk. He launched 2 more grenades finishing them off.

The air was filled with screams of dying men courtsy of Jason and his squad.

*A standard platoon is 36 men.

** A standard squad is 9 men, Jason’s Shock Squad is slightly bigger. At 15 men it would be called in military jargon as a re-enforced squad

__________________________________________________________________________

1500 hours, 16/7/2200, Planet Aoen

Myers raised his eyes from the binoculars . The entire outer defensive line was ripped to shreds several battalions lost, AA Guns overrun. The enemy was now pouring over the breached sections. His men fought bravely but lost heart as soon as they saw a shock trooper.

He sighed, there was no way to stop them, short of a platoon of tanks, and even then he wasn't sure they could be stopped.

They had ripped through the trenches, trenches that had held a division for months, like a hot knife through butter.

He sighed again , looked towards the dark sky, still filled with fighters dogfighting trying to get even the slightest of an advantage over the other. Now, with the AA Guns out of commission, enemy fighters and transports were rapidly flying through the gaps that rebel fighters could not fill.

Well , he thought , I might as well get some sleep. He had a bad feeling about what tomorrow will bring.

A/N: Be sure to comment and check out the next chapter.  Caio.

________________________________________________________________________

J.S