Εικοσι εξι(Twenty Six)

Start from the beginning

"Am I in trouble?"

"Larry, what are you doing?"

"I just wanna show him what I do. That's all."

"I love that you wanna share that with him, but I gotta tell you...I don't think Nicky has any room in his heart for more disappointment."

"He won't be disappointed."

"Larry," Erika said sternly.

"He won't be disappointed," Larry said with a smile.

He then had Nicky get ready to leave and go to the museum with him. As they were walking up the steps of the museum everyone else was leaving for the night.

"Listen, hang out in the security office till everyone's gone. Then I'm gonna come get you. All right?" He asked Nicky. He then took Nicky into the security off and he put on his uniform. Then he went out and started looking to see if anyone else was there. He walked into the room with the Sacagawea statue. "Hey, miss? I'm gonna have to ask you to vacate the premises." He said turning his flashlight, on her.

"Hey there," Rebecca said turning to face him.

"Hey."

"Good place to think, huh?"

"Yeah. Definitely. So no big plans tonight?"

"Yeah, no, I'm not really a big-plan person. I prefer hanging out with people who are dead for 200 years. It's the live ones that throw me." Rebecca said.

"That's cool. Seriously though, you do have to leave." Larry said.

"Seriously?" Rebecca asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, sorry. It's museum rules. We're sort of locking everything up."

"You're really taking your job seriously."

"You know, once I clip on the tie, I'm all business."

"I get it."

"Yeah. How's that dissertation coming?"

"I've hit a dead end. I mean, research can only get me so far. I'm never gonna know who she really was. So I think it's time that I move on to another subject. I'll let you get back to work. Good night, Larry." She said and started to leave.

"Yeah, okay. Night." Larry said. Then he went chasing after her. "Hey. Rebecca! Hey, Rebecca. Hey. Hey. Listen, I don't think you should give up on your paper."

"Okay. Why?"

"All right, look, this is gonna sound crazy, all right? I mean, it's gonna sound, like, really, really crazy."

"Okay."

"No, I mean insanely crazy."

"I can handle it."

"Okay. You know how they say in certain museums, history comes alive?" He asked.

"Yeah. "

In this museum...it actually does."

"What are you talking about?"

"Everything in this museum comes to life at night."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really. I'm not kidding you. You know that tablet? The Tablet of Ahkmenrah? It actually brings things to life. It's like some ancient spell. Since the '50s, every night everything's been coming to life. Teddy Roosevelt told me. Seriously. The monkey, Dexter? The cute little...What is he?" Larry was talking so fast and excitedly.