Chapter Two

{A/N: I'm changing the MC's name, so Amber is now Reya}

The drive to the hospital is interminable. It seems like years have passed before we get there. The silence doesn't help much either. Emily sits up front, earphones in, listening to music. Dad looks like he is paying close attention to the road, but I could see him glance back at me every few minutes in the rear-view mirror. His eyes are full of pity and sadness, as they usually are when I have an "episode". Olivia sits in the back with me, holding a fresh cloth on my shoulder as I lean on her.

"Reya," Olivia says quietly, "Dr. Brown's assistant said she's away on a family thing. She did give your chart to one of her colleagues- Dr. Riley, who said she can have a session with you in the morning." She moves my hair out of my face, and after a moment adds, "Please talk to her. I don't like seeing you so hurt."

I just nod and look back out the window. What's the point of talking when it doesn't help though? I've been seeing Dr. Brown for almost nine years now and everything is just getting worse and worse. But hey, if it makes my parents feel better, I'll keep going to these useless sessions.

Fortunately, the emergency room is pretty much empty at this time of night. There are one or two drunks, a home-improvement-gone-wrong, and me. An intern cleans and stitches up my cut while some doctor talks with Dad and Olivia- probably the temporary shrink Dr. Brown sent.

She hasn't said a word to me yet, but I can already tell she will be irritating. It's the middle of the night yet she doesn't have a hair out of place, her makeup looks freshly put on, and she just gives off this aura of cheerfulness and perkiness that should not exist at this time. Or well, ever really.

A few minutes after the intern finishes up, the three of them walk up to me. Perky stretches out her arm and introduces herself, "Hi Reya. I'm Dr. Riley. I'll be taking over for Dr. Brown while she's away." Even her voice was nerve-grating jeez.

I shake her hand and give her a tight smile, "So am I free to go? Or are we going to have the session now?"

Perky smiles, "Your parents and I thought it would be best if you stay here so you can get some rest, instead of spending the whole night driving back and forth," She smiles, "We'll talk in the morning though. And you'll see your family right after our session."

Or in other words, they've finally gotten tired of me and are putting me back in the loony- bin. Yay.

Perky says goodbye and walks away, leaving the intern from before to take me up to the psych ward. My parents hug me and ask if I want them to bring me some stuff from home.

Some girl is sleeping in one of the beds in the room the intern takes me to. "That's Maya. Either she or nurse will show you where everything is tomorrow. A nurse will be outside at the desk we just passed at all times if you need anything." He whispered.

I murmur "thanks" back and he leaves. I kick off my shoes and fall into the empty bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

In what feels like only minutes later, I faintly hear something rustling and then the sun's glare is shining right at my face. This fucking bitch.
Mumbling more profanity under my breath, I roll over and cover my head with the blanket. Hopefully that will deter her from bothering me more.

"So who are you?" She asks, "I'm Maya by the way." Well I was wrong.

When I don't reply, she continues, "Breakfast is starting soon. If want the good stuff you should get up like now."

"Reya," I grumble, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"What?"

"Reya- that's my name."

"Well Reya, if you're ready I'll show you where the bathroom is. Then we could to breakfast."

"I don't have a toothbrush. Or well anything..."

"Don't worry about it, they always have extra stuff for the newbies. I'm sure they even have like some clothes if you want to change."

As we walk down the hallway, Maya points where certain things are. If you turn right here, you get to the shrink wing. Both the private and group sessions are there. If you turn left here you get the to the laundry room- which patients only get access to on Wednesdays. If you go back towards my room and keep going you get to the lobby and the dining area. Near the dining area is the drug pick up- patients get their schedule from their shrink. Some other hallway leads to the rec wing- arts and crafts room, TV room, etcetera.

In the bathroom is what I think is a nurse. According to Maya, she guards the newbie cabinet and makes sure no one trys to kill themselves or purge or anything else "illegal" here. She hands me a toothbrush, a little travel tub of toothpaste, and a towel.

Maya leaves me there, saying she'll be back in a few minutes. There are a few girls in the bathroom with me, but for the most part they stay away from each other. I follow their lead and go to the farthest sink.

I brush my teeth and splash some water on my face. The cold water helps wake me up, but I still feel this mental numbness spreading from memories of the last time I was in a place like this.

Before I can focus on those thoughts, Maya walks in and asks if I'm done yet. Wiping my face, we leave to go drop my new stuff in our room, and then we go to breakfast.

The dining area looks like any school cafeteria, just much smaller. People- all around my age- sit around eating or picking at their food and talking. Maya leads me to the line and hands me a tray. "I wouldn't trust the eggs if I were you; last time Mikey had some he was throwing up for the rest of the day."

I nod, and end up just taking a muffin, a cup of fresh fruits, and some orange juice. After Maya grabs her mountain of food-apparently breakfast is the best meal here so it's best to fill up- she takes me to table. She sits down and starts talking with people sitting there.

Suddenly Maya stops and looks at me, "Oh, you go take your meds at that counter. But you'll probably start after you talk with the doc. And you should probably hurry up with your breakfast, the board says your session is in fifteen minutes." She points to a chalkboard standing at the front of the room that has a bunch of names, room numbers, and times on it.

Let the games begin...

A/N: I'm back! Sorry for taking so long with this chapter, it was just super hectic with school stuff but we have break coming up so I should have more time to write soon!
Hope you like the story so far and be on the lookout for more chapters soon! And as always, don't forget to vote/ share/ add to your libraries!!