2

I'm almost glad I wasn't allowed to attend Ouran.

Before I even entered the school (which was actually a lovely powder pink) I could see the students out on their lunch break.

Lemon yellow dresses and periwinkle suits adorned the students and I almost didn't go in. But no, Haruhi had my bag and I had hers. I had to go.

Making my way through the halls I got several confused looks from girls who were staring at my Lobelia uniform, a few leering looks from boys (making me extremely uncomfortable), and the occasional uninterested glance from a few teachers.

Somehow I managed to find the cafeteria and after asking around for a deshevled looking commoner with giant glasses, I finally found someone who said they thought they saw 'him' heading towards the third music room.

After gaining directions and saying my thanks, I ventured further into the school to look for the dorky girl I met this morning.

The third music room... Seemed safe enough.

With a shrug I turned the handle and opened the door...

Only to be bombarded by flower petals. Again.

Repeating my coughing and swatting of the stupid things, I almost didn't hear the familiar voice calling my name.

"Hamasaki-san?"

I opened my eyes, only to blush furiously at what I saw.

The thick glasses were gone as well as that ugly brown sweater. Haruhi Fujioka was staring up at me with large brown eyes, wearing a periwinkle boy's uniform and sporting a new haircut that framed her heart-shaped face perfectly.

She had been a really dorky sort of cute before, but now she looked... almost beautiful.

I was still staring when a pair of ginger twins took up her sides.

"Hey Haruhi, who's-" "-your pretty friend here?" They spoke one after the other. It took me a moment to recognize them as the Hitachin twins, heirs to the Hitachin Clothing Company and treasured business partners to my mother's cosmetics company.

I shook myself out of my stupor and bowed slightly. "Rei Hamasaki. It's a pleasure to meet you, Hitachin-san and Hitachin-san"

I then turned and smiled down sheepishly at Haruhi.

"Fujioka-san, I do believe this is yours." I chuckled, holding out the commoner's bag to her.

Her face brightened up and she smiled back. "Ah, right. I have your bag in the other room, Hamasaki-san, and please just call me Haruhi."

She motioned for me to follow her and I did, glancing at all the other handsome boys in the room.

I recognized Kyoya Ootori and Mitskuni Haninozuka before entering the other room with Haruhi.

"Um, Fuj- I mean, Haruhi, why is it that you're crossdresssing?"

I couldn't see her face, but I could hear the smirk in her voice as she went to retrieve my bag. "I could ask you the same thing, Rei-senpai."

My face flushed at the familiar way she spoke my name and it took a moment for me to find my voice.

"How... How did you know?"

Haruhi shrugged and began walking back to me, my bag in her hands.

"My dad is transgender too, so it's easy for me at least to tell. Your shoulders, hands, and nose are all sort of masculine, but not many people would be able to figure it out."