"I must. She has called," I say to the boy.

"Please give her more time. She will wake up she has to. I can't loose someone else too," he says.

"Who did you loose?" I ask.

"Ella," he whispers. I stumble back. He knew me. He knows who I was.

"How?" I ask in a shaky voice.

"She died in a car crash, on the way the her grandma's house," he replies.

"What was I like? What did I want to do with my life? Can you tell me anything about who I was? Who were you to me?" I spew a bunch of questions at him. He looks at me and wipes his eyes. Then he sucks in his breath. I take my hair into a pony tail and hold it in place so he can see.

"Ella?" He asks as he steps forward. He reaches out and I jump back.

"You can't touch me! I'll kill you!" I shout. My hair falls back into its flawless position. He stares at me.

"What are you?" He asks.

"I'm the Angel of Death. Apparently I wasn't supposed to die, but my soul was too curious," I tell him. He pales.

"You are here to take her?" He asks suddenly guarded.

"I have to, she is screaming my name," I explain.

"She is silent," he says. I shake my head.

"Her soul is begging for death," I say. "I'm death."

"Why?"he questions. He sounds so broken.

"She is done," I say. He sighs and sits back down. "The only way for her to stay is in exchange for another soul."  He looks at me and then back at the girl.

"Okay," he says. My eyes widen.

"You would trade your life for her's?" I ask bewildered. He nods slowly. I look at him and step closer.

"Do you want to die standing there or sitting down somewhere?" I ask. In response he walks over to her bed and lays down next to her. I walk over and stand above him.

"Do not be afraid," I whisper. Then I lean down and brush his hair away from his face. He breathing starts to come in gasps. I lean closer. "Say goodbye," I mutter. Then I press my lips to his, giving him the kiss of death. His hands slip into my hair pulling me closer as his lips move with mine. I pull back slowly bringing him with me. Well his soul at least. His body remains in the bed next to the girl. He stares into my eyes.

"Am I..." He asks. I nod as he releases a breath. "Wow,"he murmurs. I look over at the girl as her eyes flutter open. She turns her head to the side and finds the boy's body. Her hand flies to her mouth and she lets out a strangled scream. The nurses start coming in and I grab the boys hand. I pull him away and his eyes remain glued to the girl. I take him out of the hospital and back the Central Park. We walk through the trees and then I start running. I take off and shoot up into the sky. The boy flies beside me, his hand still gripping mine.

"Who are you to me?" I ask softly, more to myself than him. But he hears nonetheless.

"Ella, I can't even put it into words. Your were my everything. Then you were gone and I lost it. I had to grow up," he takes a slow breath as he composes himself. "I did what I swore I'd never do. After my sister overdosed, I swore I would never do drugs or smoke or any of that. But then you were gone and I just wanted to forget. I wanted to forget you and my sister, Jenna, heck I wanted to forget the world. That girl back there she was your best friend. She was the one who walked into the drug houses and pulled me out. She was the one who cussed out the men who threatened to kill her. She kept saying that you would've hated the me I have become. And I knew you would, but I couldn't stop. The poison was just too addicting." He says. Then he closes his eyes and when he opens them he looks right at me. "I wanted death so bad. I didn't know death was you. But I wanted you too. I wanted you to come back like nothing had happened. I wanted you to show up and take me out of those drug houses. But you never did." He laughs dryly. "I guess I just thought if I got lost enough, I would find you." I stop flying and hover in the air. Releasing his hand I move back a few feet. Then I look at him, really look at him. I take in his awkwardly shaggy black hair and his startlingly gray eyes. His slightly crooked nose and angled jawline. His chapped lips and the small bags under his eyes.