Chapter One

- Psalm 69:8 "I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children." -

( Fifteen Years Later )

- Sarah -

Walking along an old stone pathway I looked back down to the roses I had brought. They were her favorite color, light pink. Once I reached the oak tree I turned right, there under the shade of the tree was the tombstone of my favorite person, my granny. Every year since her death I have brought them for her. Kneeling down I place the roses in the vase attached to the headstone. Standing up I walked over to the tree and sat down on the exposed roots and leaned against the trunk. Even tho she was my great-grandmother, she was the one that had took care of me ever since I was born. I may have been young when she died, but I know she was the one who really cared for me. I remember sitting on her lap listening to her read or helping her cook and bake. My mother nor my father and neither did their parents love me, only my granny did. She may have been old, but her spirit and faith keep her going as long as she did. After her death I lived with my aunt and uncle. They were kind and helped me. Once I turned eighteen we went to Granny's lawyer were he presented a letter to me. The letter was from her saying how much she loved me and how sorry she was that she was not going to see me grow into an amazing woman one day. At the end of the letter it said that she has given me all of her money, land, house, everything, even the workers at the house were going to work for me. The lawyer said that the maids, butler, and other workers have been keeping the house in order, and he has seen to their pay for the past years since her passing. The family all got a little of the money after her death, but they are mad that I got everything besides the money they received. Since then I have finished school with almost all A's and have been going to college for the past two years. After I finished high school I moved out of their house and into Granny's house, my house. The workers were glad when I move back in, and they were all happy to see me. I found out from them that they even received money after her death. Between them and my aunt and uncle, they received the most out of the rest of the family.

Reaching into my purse I took a tissue out and wiped the tears from my eyes. Think back on all of it makes me sad because I wish Granny was here with me, but she is in a better place now. Standing up I walked over to the headstone and knelt down. Tracing the rose design on it I said, "I love you and I will see you again one day." Once I said that I left to get in my black mustang. Looking down at the clock I realised that I was about to be late for an interview. As soon as I got on the road, I floored it. I just hope I don't get a ticket, at least not to day.

Driving into the hospital I quickly went to the restroom to freshen up. After I decided I looked alright, I checked my phone to see I had about five minutes to get to his office. Rushing to find his office, I straightened my skirt and shirt before I knocked on the door. "Come in," I heard a deep voice says. Opening the door I see an big open office with a black over stuffed leather couch along the wall in front of the windows, two matching chairs and a small filing cabinet next to a big dark cherry wooden desk with a computer on it. Behide it sat a man with midnight black hair that was parted down the middle and was pushed back off his face to brush the top of his shirt collar with gorgeous emerald green eyes in a white dress shirt rolled up on his forearm. I could tell from his arms and how his shirt fit that he was really muscular. "You must be Sarah Jones. Please have a seat," he said gesturing to the chair in front of him. As I was sitting down I told him, "Yes, and here is my paper work," I said handing them to him.

- Dr. Caine -

As she walked into my office I saw her look around my office until finally her eyes landed on me. She was around five and a half feet tall with honey brown hair and grayish blue eyes. I gave her a moment to look before I spoke. "You must be Sarah Jones. Please have a seat," I told her gesturing towards the chairs. As she sat down she said, "Yes, and here is my paper work." After taking the folder from her I saw her pull her skirt down a little over her knees. She was wearing a black skirt with a light blue button up shirt that fit her nicely showing just a hint of cleavage from a few buttons being undone. Looking in her folder I walked over to the windows to look through it with my back to her. Looking through it I was pleased with all of the work she has done. Having her work for me was going to work out nicely I thought to myself as I turned around to find her staring at me. As soon as she met my eyes she looked away and blushed at being cought. "Tell me Ms. Jones why do you want to work for me? " I asked leaning back in my chair. Looking down at her hands she said, "I am still in college and plan to become a RN. I want to work here one day and was hoping this would help me prepare for it and know more about working here too." I waited for her to look at me before I spoke. When she did I said sounding harsher than intended, "You must know that you will be in my office most of the time doing paper work while I am in the lab or you will be running errands for me, right? " "Yes, but even that will help me. I want to help people. So Dr. Caine, let me help you," She said with determination in her voice. "If I do heir you, it will mostly for this summer, and if it works out maybe after class during school days. How does that sound to you? " I asked closing her folder and placing it on my desk. Smiling at me she said, " That would be wonderful, Sir." "Alright then, come here Saturday at 9:00 and you can start to work," I said rising up from my chair.

- Sarah -

I can't believe it. I got the job. After he stood up he handed me my folder and walked me to the door. "Have a good day. I will see you Saturday morning, "He said opening the door for me. "Thank you, bye," I said before walking out into the hallway. As I walked out of the building I thought about Dr. Caine. He is not what you would expect a doctor to be like. He looked like he was maybe 26, and was very hot. When he stood up I could see his muscles in him move ever time he took a step. For someone to be built like him, they would have to work in the gym a lot. When he had his back tuned to me I could not help be to check him out. He had on black pants that fit him perfectly to show how built he was. I could not understand how he could be so young and be a doctor tho. He must have took classes during the summertime, but since he is not your normal doctor maybe he didn't have to go as long. He working in a lab most of the time and the rest doing paperwork on what the lab is doing, which is what I will be helping out with filling the paperwork.

As I drove home I called Clare the head maid at my house. "Hey, is there anything that is needed at the house that I should pick up? " I asked when she answered. "No, ma'am. Everthing is fine. And don't you have a date tonight? " she ask me. "Yes, and I have plenty of time to get ready also," I said thinking about John. "Well, hurry up then, I have your lunch ready," she said in a firm voice. "Yes, ma'am, bye," I said and hung up after she said good bye.

It was not long before I was turning onto my long driveway. If one didn't know where it was you would drive right by it. It's a small over grown gravel drive surrounded by tall thick trees that leads up to the most beautiful house around. Coming out from the trees you can see an old Victorian style house with white pillars three stories tall, on top of the hill with trees all around. Behind the house, there is a beautiful garden and a big pond with a dock.

After parking in the garage, I run into the house to find Clare. In my hurry to see her I almost run into one of the maids. "Sorry about that, were is Clare? " I ask while trying to catch my breath. "Try the dinning room or the kitchen, " she said with a small smile. Telling her thank you, I head to the dinning room. Not seeing her there I go to the kitchen. As I walk in she turns around and asks, "Well tell me how the interview went at the hospital. " Walking over to the bar I sit on a stool and say, "I got the job. He told me to come in Saturday at 9." Placing some food in front of me she asks, "Now, tell me what the doctor is like. Young, old, nice? " "He is young maybe 26, 27, longish black hair, emerald green eyes, about 6'6 and very muscular." "Wow, he sounds like an attractive young man, but you didn't say if he was nice or not," she replies. "He seems nice, but I am not sure. But he does seem dedicated to his work," I say thinking back to the meeting. Patting me on my back she says, "Well, from what you told me John might get jealous if he saw the doctor." Looking over to her, I see her wink at me. "He might since I am going to be in his office all the time, but he has nothing to worry about." "Yeah, if he meet him and I was you; he wouldn't have nothing to worry about either. Because with out any doubt I would try to get with that doctor, " Clare says as she gets up. "Clare!" I exclaim, shocked that she would say that. "What? Do you want me to lie to you? And you need to hurry and eat so you can get ready for John," she said before walking out. After I finished eating I walk up stairs to my room to get a bath.