“Wow, so you really love her huh?” I said. I wonder why mom never mentioned this to me.

“You bet.” He said and then chuckled.

“So… you’re going to give your gift to Craig yourself?” I asked and smirked at him.

“Well, yeah… I’ll take your advice. But what should I do?”

“Just leave it to me….” I guess. I hope I can be able to talk to him today. Now I have more reason to talk to him.

“Ohhh what is this?” Mom said appearing in the kitchen.

“Nothing, we are just having some bonding time.” Bret said and winked at me. I grinned back at him.

“I’m kind of jealous.” Mom said flirting with Bret and gave him a kiss.

“Ewww, what happened to parental guidance?” Brian, who was still in his pajamas, asked out of nowhere.

We all laughed. I love this scene. Seeing my family all happy like this… How I wish this day would last.

“Oh before we forget….” Bret pulls out something from the drawer. 

“This is for you.” Another box came out from him.

“What is this?” I ask. He didn’t answer but mom and Brian is grinning. “I hope this is something good.”

“Oh yes it is.” Brian said smirking.

I open the box. And my eyes widen when I saw a brand new cellphone. “I…”

“Oh please just take it Santee… You need that to be able to keep in contact.” Brian said and I know what he meant for that. He wanted us to have constant communication.

“Well… if you guys insist then… I’ll take it.” I said.

“That’s good honey.” Mom said.

Later Bret and Mom went to the office even on Saturdays… They are so busy. But I don’t mind at all. At least they are together.

“So what are you doing today?” Brian said hugging me from the back.

“Hmmm…” I don’t want him to know my whereabouts today. “I’m going to Carmen’s. Her mom is away and we need to work on our science project.” I lied.

He pouted. “Why does Carmen gets a lot of your time? Just stay with me… please?” He begged… so cute that my head started to ache.

“Brian…” I said looking away from him.

“Oh… sorry… I forgot that I’m so gorgeous.” He said and chuckles. “Do you want me to take you to the hospital?” he said.

“What?”

He shrugs. “You know… we should at least know what’s wrong with you. Maybe it’s a phobia or something.”

“I’m not afraid of you guys… It just a sick feeling.” I said.

He clicks his tongue. “I just want to spend some time with you.” He said.

I chuckled. “You still have a practice today for your big game next week… remember?” I reminded him.

“How did you know?” He asked not removing his head from my shoulder. He’s like whispering to my ear.

“Darren.”

“Oh, your other friend.” He said.

“Do you have any issues about that?” I said and looked at him sideways.