It was no secret that Nico had been turned flatly down by Luna. And from time to time Ronan didn't mind throwing salt on that wound.

          What of the human? Kura exclaimed readily, appearing to have been listening all along while Adeline attended to Von.

          He stiffened, cursing the blasted female inwardly and realizing clearly where her allegiance stood. He should have taken care of her just as he had done her foolish mate. His dinner with Kate earlier was now coming back around to nip him in the ass – did he regret it?

          He recalled her stunned reaction and how she'd responded shyly to his advances. And how she practically melted in his arms only to scold him shortly after?

          He regretted not a damn moment of it.

          Leveling a hard and meaningful glare on the spiteful female, he snarled – Since when is it a crime to sedate the pleasures of the flesh?

          Kura's bravado wavered and she peeled her eyes away, focusing on her mate who winced with Adeline's ministrations who was now in human form with her medicine bag neatly tucked at her side.

          You frolic with a human? Ronan braced himself for the accusations to come and shifted his gaze to the wolf that had spoken.

          Since when did my taking females to bed become problematic to the pack, Wulfric? His voice dropped to a level of annoyance, realizing a bit surprisingly that his agitation was due to the fact that all attention was now on Kate.

          What is the problem? Micah snapped, clearly annoyed by the obvious play of puppetry at hand. He may be loup-garou but he's also a hot-blooded male that has needs, just like the rest of us, you expect him to be celibate until he's chosen a mate? I see no foul in it.

          He takes a risk in frolicking with these human women! Lorelei chimed unexpectedly, gaining a surprised and somewhat intrigued look from her sister, Sabine.

          Ronan's stomach clenched uneasily. Lorelei was showing signs of jealousy and interest. This did not bode well for him seeing as how the feeling wasn't mutual.

          He ignored her pressing stare. My affairs outside the pack should not concern any of you – he paused, casting Nico an intended glare, -I keep the safety of our pack first priority but in order for me to maintain that assurance, I must proceed with my façade.

          Explain that. Nico padded closer, so much so they were near nose to nose. Ronan resisted a growl. It was an obvious move of boldness on Nico's part and naturally his Alpha self reacted. He advanced sharply and as anticipated Nico retreated. He caught the smoldering look of barley obscured rage and smirked on the inside. He may attempt revolt but he knew damn well who reigned.

          You understand keeping a low profile, Nico. He affirmed in a deep baritone. That means blending among the humans, appearing as them. I just so happen to be a bachelor of the city whose reputation is infamous for bedding countless women and an avid drinker who frequents the clubs he just so happens to own.

          Sounds to me you're on the DL. Micah chimed with wry amusement. Luna nudged him with her nose, a clear indication to keep his remarks to himself.

          A few snickers followed in pursuit and Ronan sensed the others grinning.

          Nico bristled within.