Where to start.....

"Okay! Uuuuuuuh!!!! Where to start? How about
I start off with my name? Alright, that shall do for now. My name is Leo D. Umiko I am 19 years old right now and I'm in the Straw Hat Pirate crew.
I don't have a goal in my mind yet but if I had a small goal in particular it would be that I need to protect my friends, my Nakama. I'm writing all of this in an empty yellow book Luffy gave me........ I guess he knew that i liked writing. Right now I'm going to write about the beginning. NO. Not the first episode where Luffy meets Coby. I mean the very beginning, where i was born in my mother's womb. Let's start there....."

19 years ago [My mother's P.O.V]

"Your baby is in perfect health Miss Leo D. Yasuda." One of the doctors told me. "She has beautiful eyes!" A nurse said. "Thank you for helping me!" I told them. I looked down at my daughter and smiled. Her golden eyes staring at me with curiosity, her golden locks as soft as feathers, her face full of innocence. "Your daughter is so small Yasuda." A familiar voice said. My eyes traveled towards the doorway and saw a tall figure standing there.

"Thank you Garp. Maybe someday she will be friends with your grandson." I told him. "Haha maybe! What is her name?" He asked while walking towards me. "Umiko! Leo D. Umiko!" I said with confidence. "Do you want to hold her?" I asked him. He nodded and picked her up lookin at her with caring eyes. "She is very quiet for a new born." He told me with chuckle. I laughed along and said "I had a feeling she might be like her father!" I looked at my hands and fisted them. "Garp......If anything happens to me could you take care of her? Could you keep that promise?" I began to cry.

I know some of the marines are going to try to take me away from her and execute me because of my wanted poster. But I can't let them take her away from me too. He put Umiko in hands and put a hand on my shoulder. "I promise I'll take care of her and keep her safe." He replied. I breathed out. "Thank you Garp!" I smiled.

4 years Later [Umiko's P.O.V]
"Mommy I'm goin to play with Kuina and practice with her! See you later!" I said to my mother. "Alright come back soon!" Mom told me. "Okay! Come on Kuina!" I rushed to Kuina. The two girls raced each other to the Dojo. I saw Kuina's father and greeted him. "Good Morning Master Koshiro." "Oi, Good morning Umiko!" He replied happily. Both girls giggled and went around the house. "Lets practice first." Kuina said. "Okay!" I said happily. Kuina got two wooded swords and passed one to me. "We'll begin is sparring each other in 3!2!1! GO!!" I readied myself and concentrated on my opponent.

As soon as Kuina was a foot away from her she moved her left foot behind her right foot and jumped up doing a spin and slashed my sword at Kuina's legs. Kuina gasped and fell. I smiled and offered her a hand to Kuina. "Your improving a lot more Umiko!" Kuina said while getting her hand. "Thank you." I said. Both girls drank some water and walked together around town and talking about their week. "Marines are coming! The Marines are here!" a man said. Everyone walked out of their houses. "Lets go to my house." I said. "Okay!" Kuina replied. The girls ran to Umiko's house and saw the door slightly jarned. Kuina stayed away from the door and felt uneasy. "Mom?! Where are you!? Im home!" I yelled. While i went into the house Kuina looked around and saw a huge, buff marine. She took a small step back and kept an eye on him. "Hey you! Little girl, are you friends with Umiko?" She glared at him. He kneeled down and ruffled her dark blue hair. "I'm her mom's friend." He told her, Kuina raised an eyebrow and huffed. She pointed towards the house and said.

"She's in there." He got up and thanked her. He walked into the house and looked around "Umiko? Are you in here." He asked loudly. The marine saw small 4 year old girl matching gold eye and hair looking at him but hiding behind the wall. "Who are you?" I asked with a small voice. "I'm your mom's friend. My name is Garp!" I walked back in the kitchen and saw a note next to a weird looking fruit. I read the note and started to cry, then I starred at the fruit, i grabbed the fruit and took a bite out of it.
"It's not true! She couldn't have!" I thought to myself. "Oi kid! What are you doing back there?" He looked at the small child and then his eyes widened. She already ate most of the fruit. He sighed and picked me up. "Garp! What are you doing here?" One of the marines asked him. "Oh, i am taking care of this child." Garp told him. He handed me to the marine and told him. "Put her in a spare room." "Hey what do you guys think you're doing!" I yelled and stared and squrimed in the marines arms. The marine ignored her pleas. While he was walking beside Garp. I gaved up and looked at Garp. "Garp where's my mom?" I asked coldly.

"She's not here anymore." I looked at him with shock. "Wha-" "She's dead." Garp said madly. The marine put me down so he could stretch his arm while I ran up to Garp and jumped on his back. "NO!NO!NO! she didn't die you're lying! You Liar!" I screamed at him crying. "She's not! She can't!" I keep hitting his back. I cried and cried until I fell asleep on his back. "Hey old man!" Kuina said. Garp turned around. "What do you want with the kid?" Kunia grabbed the gold-light brown sword that was strapped behind her back and slowly gave it to Garp.

"Here, give this to Umiko, even though she's 2 years younger then me but she always beat me at sword fighting." She sliently cried. "I'll give it to her as soon as she wakes up." Garp said. "Don't worry kid, I'll take good care of her. I made a promise to her mom when she was born." "Thank you!" Kuina said. Garp and the marines got back on the boat and left the village. "Please take care of her." Kunia whispered as she saw the boats leave the docks and into the blue sea.

( A/N : I'll write the next Chapter next week so see you then)