Chapter One - Letter

I stood in the doorway being forced by my terrible foster parents to watch my letters burn in the fire. To them all those letters were just kindling.. but not to me. I was just dying to see what they said. I pulled away from their clasp on my arms, ran down the hall and out the front door.

I ran down the streets until I came across a park. I sat down on a swing and tried my best not to cry.

I hated my life. I hated my foster parents, I hated their snob of a daughter, Heather (sorry if that's your name!), who I was forced to call my sister, but most of all.. I hated myself for letting it get to me.

It's had been ten years since I started feeling that way. My real parents gave me away at the age of one, right after they cut my forehead, leaving a lighting bolt shaped scar behind.. at least that's what my foster parents told me. And now I'm eleven and praying for a miracle.

I sighed and got up from the swing, wondering what will happen to me when I get back to that dreadful house. But my thoughts were interrupted when a black haired boy went running past. I looked after him, wanting to call out and ask what's wrong. That's when I feel a hand on my shoulder and it roughly turned me around. I came face to face with Dudly and his gang of goons.

"What do you want, Dudley?" I spat, remembering how much pain he put me through on a daily basis.

"We want you to hold still so it's easier to beat you up," he replied with just as much venom.

I held completely still and waited for the first punch to land upon my body. But it never come so I open my eyes and look around the park, only to see Dudley and his gang nowhere to be seen. Odd.

I spent no time in running away from the park and back to my house. But as I reached the door something fluttered down in front of my face and landed at my feet.

I reached down and picked it up before examining the melted wax seal and stained yellow envelope. It's one of those letters!

I quickly shoved it under my shirt and opened the front door.

"Where have you been, you worthless runt?!" Jared, my foster father yelled, his face closly resembling a ripe tomato.

"Never mind that, why the hell are you back?!" Screamed Heather.

I sighed and walked downstairs to the basement where I spent most of my life. It was not long before I heard the 'click' from the door which signaled that I was locked in.

I whipped out my letter and broke the seal. I pulled out two pieces of parchment. I put one down next to me and read the largest one.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WHITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear miss (y/l/n),
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Whitchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins in 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

I couldn't believe it. I was finally getting out of here!